Under 23s trial game between Port & Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait...the crows really have a player called "Butts"?

Jokes aside - it does look pretty good but a lot of our names are unproven at the highest level...my basic point was we've got quite a few down back who are.

Uddie Butts.

Wait...the crows really have a player called "Butts"?

Jokes aside - it does look pretty good but a lot of our names are unproven at the highest level...my basic point was we've got quite a few down back who are.
If his nickname isn't Seymour then it's (yet another reason to have) grounds for their fan base to be collectively banned from football.

Loser takes home the Hackson Trengove-James Smellar Shield.

How ******* bad is football in this state. I'd rather play any other side at any time. It's nothing to do with footy or results. It's to do with all the garbage that goes on either side of it. Makes it completely unenjoyable.

I hate showdown weeks and every time it rolls around I just want it to be over.

How ******* bad is football in this state. I'd rather play any other side at any time. It's nothing to do with footy or results. It's to do with all the garbage that goes on either side of it. Makes it completely unenjoyable.

I hate showdown weeks and every time it rolls around I just want it to be over.

If Twitter is any guide it’s only going to get worse.

The purified vitriol levelled at Kane Cornes, replete with ridiculous numbers of burner accounts referencing him, let alone Port as a whole, blows my mind.

I mean, I could be looking in the wrong places, but I don’t see many pro-Port accounts similarly spoofing Crow-friendly journos or locked onto their team’s follies with an almost serial killer-tier obsession.

The only way to shut them up is for Port to grow up and start winning and dominating those clowns, then may be they will crawl back to where they belong.

It was always going to this way the day that plastic franchise was created.

I can't stand the media in SA and Showdowns alike, so much bullshit put into these games we seem to lose focus about winning premierships.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a trial, nothing more.

Hope some of the young guys look comfortable out there and show a little poise and class at times. Hopefully some have impacts throughout the course of the game pointing to better things to come in time.

Apart from that, no injuries and a more positive game-style is all I want to see.

Couldn't care less about the score result.

Less deck chairs with IDGAF looks, and more winning in everything please.
Absolutely, i think i'm just over these pre season showdowns and sick of losing to these clowns in the season proper when it actually matters.

I'm not really sure what the point of this game is.

Adelaide being desperate enough to try and play Brad Crouch in an U23 game should show you exactly what the point of this game is. Bearing in mind that Wines is younger than he is.

Absolutely, i think i'm just over these pre season showdowns and sick of losing to these clowns in the season proper when it actually matters.

I'm not really sure what the point of this game is.
I hate pre-season showdowns too. I still want our boys to dominate no matter who we play though.

This club needs it's winning mentality back, That goes for in pre-season, SANFL & AFL games.

I got so pissed when in an SANFL game last season we were 5 goals down in the first quarter and we were chipping it around the back and not even trying to score.

So if you are going to start playing over 23's, what is the point of calling it an under 23 game. Just call it a trial game and play whoever the fork you like.

So if you are going to start playing over 23's, what is the point of calling it an under 23 game. Just call it a trial game and play whoever the fork you like.
So Adelaide can throw bad couch and a few other returning from injury players in to win it. Then erase from their customers memories they played 23+ players, by having all the press be about how good their youngsters are and how bad ours are.

We should let Brad Crouch play if they ask. You never know when we'll need the favour returned. This of course assumes that they're honourable.

He could also break down. Which would be delightfully ironic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back