Analysis Under a season worth of games as a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looked up that match, Sellar only had 3 disposals and 2 hitouts in total :eek: and they didn't even drop him the following week :drunk:
That was pretty good for our ruckmen of that era

Bloody Worsfold .

Never liked him when he was playing. but his games on ablett were epic. From a neutral point of view, he lined up Modra good and proper. Could of killed him and hurt himself. Mcintosh knew it was coming, arranged. You could see the short steps.

Would have to be the most suspended player we ever had, he was hilarious to watch.

According to afl.com Murphy was the most accurate scorer the game has seen amongst players with at least 50 scoring shots, with 76.83% of his shots at goal scoring a goal.

In 1992 he kicked 23 goals 3 behinds for us!

With the delisting on Mitch Grigg, he becomes the 76th Crows to play fewer than a season's worth of game for us (excluding those like CEY who are still on the Crows' list).

Taking out Davis and Gunston who left before wee wanted them to, it's a good list of "never quite made it", "too old when they got here", and "cripes, he played for us"?

I still can't believe Eddie Hocking only played 11 games.

It's a tough game this AFL, as many don't make it, as do.

View attachment 306132
nice work mate but your table needs another coloumn: "Years spent at club", I reckon that'd be pretty interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what did Worsfold do?

Lined him up and jumped into him front on and took his knee out for the second time IIRC, Ross healed but hit the booze, got traded to Collinwood and then got caught on a drunken binge and they sacked him. The hit I'm talking about happened at the southern end of footy park. I saw it clearly. If Worsfold did that now it would be at least 6 games.

Ah...Adam Saliba, socks down, mullet out. Probs wouldn't get a look in these days with his athletic profile but man, that boy could play.

He and Alan Bartlett were going to be our two big key pillars in defence to stop the likes of Lockett, Sumich and Salmon

I had Bartlett on the never to play again list when Carey (I think?) tore him up in the last quarter and North pinched the game back in 91.

Barlett tried to blame his lack of defensive pressure on "having a corky", whereas the reality was that he just s**t.

The only good thing Danny Hughes had was his 50 metre bombs, another waste of a list spot on a player who came for an easy pay cheque who's heart wasn't in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back