FTA-TV Underbelly - a Tale of Two Cities

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like it will have to include the punch up with the media at Robert Trimbole's funeral... will never forget seeing that on the news at the time.. would love to see that footage again.. including the gangsters doing doughnuts as they left :thumbsu:

Seems like it could cover a lot of ground already done by Blue Murder, but in greater detail.

This series could be better than the original due to the fact that most of the players involved are dead or jailed now, so they can portray them however they like without fear of litigation from the affected parties. This is something the original didn't have with major players Tony Mokbel, Mario Condello and Mick Gatto all without convictions.

So long as it gets a budget similar to that of the original, it should at least have 99% of Australian productions in recent memory covered in terms of quality.

Since the timeline is the 70's and 80's I would imagine that there will be alot of errors in the filming, like the pure blonde thing in the first series and various other differences.

Since the timeline is the 70's and 80's I would imagine that there will be alot of errors in the filming, like the pure blonde thing in the first series and various other differences.

That's what I was thinking, how will they make it look like the 70s and 80s when at times they struggled to make it look like the 90s.

That's what I was thinking, how will they make it look like the 70s and 80s when at times they struggled to make it look like the 90s.
It might be easier. Making it look like the 90s would be tricky because there wasn't that many BIG changes, just a lot of small subtle ones you wouldn't think about and would be easy to forget about. Making it look like the 70s will require a fair few big changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be in Victoria as the story has nothing to do with Victoria. But maybe Sydney although as the post above says, it happened over 30 years ago.

Probably should have thought about the my question before I posted it. Given the quality of the first series, I hope this one lives up to the first one.

Seems like it could cover a lot of ground already done by Blue Murder, but in greater detail.

This series could be better than the original due to the fact that most of the players involved are dead or jailed now, so they can portray them however they like without fear of litigation from the affected parties. This is something the original didn't have with major players Tony Mokbel, Mario Condello and Mick Gatto all without convictions.

So long as it gets a budget similar to that of the original, it should at least have 99% of Australian productions in recent memory covered in terms of quality.

Mario doesn't have a conviction but i don't think he complained about things !

Honestly i don't think this looks as good. Over acting and not the kind of cast that made me love Underbelly 1.

it will be hard to live up to l guess,and they couldn't really use the same actors and being set 70/80s might be hard filming these days l not sure but l hope its good

Hopefully it will be a bit like Blue Murder already seen that a few of the characters from it will be in Underbelly. Classic stuff and they could do worse than to emulate it.

Also seen an add for another gangland show on Channel 7 with guys like Rogerson on it in more of a documentary style and promising to show what is really going on in Australia.
Probably a typical Channel 7 beat up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back