FTA-TV Underbelly - a Tale of Two Cities

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight was easily the best for me. First ep was an introduction but seemed to drag along with the tired 2 main actors. The story was really good but they seemed to rush through some significant scenes IMO.

Ep 2 was just embarrassing. Nothing more then **** and ass and although we got a look into the world of Terry Clark i thought they just overdone the cheesyness of it all.

Tonights ep was rock solid. I really enjoyed it from start to finish and no stupid **** and ass crap thrown in for no reason at all.
That was some pretty intense stuff tonight.
I still have trouble with that chick narrating as her voice is just monotone dull but overall tonights ep was really good.

The Terry Clark character is obviously terrible. That was a huge mistake. I don't expect to see Robert de Niro class actors but that guy just isn't up to this level of television.

If they keep moving in this direction then I think it's going to be really good.
If they go back to ep 2 style **** and ass then we will lose what is a brilliant storyline.

The story is all there it just needs someone do do it justice. At this stage I'm not certain as the 2 key actors are a poor choice IMO.

I wasn't paying too much attention to last night but who is the character in the bar who got into the brawl and bit of the ear of the other guy?

I wasn't paying too much attention to last night but who is the character in the bar who got into the brawl and bit of the ear of the other guy?

It was either Vinnie Mikkelsen or Laurie Prendergast that bit Brian Kane's ear.

Ray Chuck was the guy that beat the crap out of Les Kane who was later in the episode gunned down in the bathroom.

It was either Vinnie Mikkelsen or Laurie Prendergast that bit Brian Kane's ear.

Ray Chuck was the guy that beat the crap out of Les Kane who was later in the episode gunned down in the bathroom.

Yeah it was Vinnie Mikkelsen that bit the ear.

I agree with most on here last nights episode was the best so far by a long way.. more storyline & less Newton (could anyone be less convincing as a key underworld figure?) I actually dont mind the guy playing Trimbole.. kind of bumbling but that adds a lighter side to the character.

Will reserve my opinion on Kate Ritchie.. she will be a major part of the next episode or two i imagine.. thought she wasn't too bad last night.. maybe a bit too polished to be realistic?? Its her big chance to break free of the Sally Fletcher identity so the pressure would be on her.

Really enjoyed last night :thumbsu:

Yep much better last night. Agree with the comments that the Melbourne storyline is clearly more interesting. Gives me hope that the 3rd season if based mainly in Melbourne may actually be worthwhile afterall. I hope this series makes them shitloads of money so they get an even bigger budget next time (but hopefully not waste it on turnips like Newton).

Reserve judgement on Ritchie too, automatic pass mark if she gets her norks out.

Been highly critical of Underbelly in the past but I thought this week was a pretty strong ep.

For me, the main problem with this show (especially the first series) is the sprawling narrative.

Every week the story jumps all over the shop and we don't ever get a true POV.

Reckon these stories would be best served in a format similar to In the Line of Duty - 90 minute TV movies focusing on one crime and all its complexities.

Because 45 commercial minutes don't do events like the Mackay murder justice...

For those who watch Underbelly and Dexter how does the violence compare? There seems to have been a lot of talk about the level of violence in Underbelly and I was just curious as Dexter also contains much graphic violence. For the record, I do not watch Underbelly (hence my reluctance to pass judgement on it) and I think Dexter is the best show currently on television.

For those who watch Underbelly and Dexter how does the violence compare? There seems to have been a lot of talk about the level of violence in Underbelly and I was just curious as Dexter also contains much graphic violence. For the record, I do not watch Underbelly (hence my reluctance to pass judgement on it) and I think Dexter is the best show currently on television.

Shame on you for mentioning Dexter and Underbelly in the same sentence :eek:
Dexter is like Man U and Underbelly is a Leeds United...

Dexter on 8.30pm tonight Foxtel - can't wait.

Apologies chaddles. :D I am watching Dexter on free-to-air and so I am only up to season 2. If you spoil the story then I will show you some serious violence. ;) :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode three was better. Having said that though, I read the Herald Sun article yesterday (?) stating that there were a lot of factual errors in the series. This is very concerning. I'd rather they leave out the 'entertainment' aspect and just follow the story as it really happens.

Episode three was better. Having said that though, I read the Herald Sun article yesterday (?) stating that there were a lot of factual errors in the series. This is very concerning. I'd rather they leave out the 'entertainment' aspect and just follow the story as it really happens.

It's a TV show, not a documentary. If you want to know the true story go and read a book about it. The point of the show is entertainment first and foremost.

Disagree, Underbelly is NOT better than Dexter.

Poor old Ray Chuck only tried to protect his family. Still he gunned down a guy in front of his kids and wife..

Nice song choice at the end..anyone know the band/singer?

I think the stuff set in Melbourne is genuinely good. The casting job on Brian Kane and Ray Chuck in particular are excellent. Not quite so sure about the guy playing Chopper though, will need to give that one another week.

The Sydney stuff bores me to tears. I just don't give a stuff about what Mr Asia and his junkie mates and bimbo girlfriends are up to, nor his bogan partner Trimbole.

Sydney just sucks at everything really.

^^

I caught about 20-30 minutes of last nights episode & tend to agree, the guy playing chopper didn't nail it like Eric Bana performance did. Also i just read over at news.com.au that they have finished filming/editing the 13 episodes of a tale of 2 cities & channel nine are starting work on a 3rd season/story..

I am amazed that they haven't thought of making a movie yet... if they get the right people as the lead actors, i'm sure it would do very well at the Aussie box office.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back