Remove this Banner Ad

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Next series is set in Melbourne in the 80's, which could be absolutely awesome, Dennis Allan, Victor Pierce, Kath Pettinghill, Painters and Dockers etc. Soundtrack wise it should crap on the first two series :)

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
I think the stuff set in Melbourne is genuinely good. The casting job on Brian Kane and Ray Chuck in particular are excellent.

I think the Melbourne stuff and those casting choices look ok in comparison to the Sydney/Matthew Newton/ laughable s**t, but it's pretty ordinary really. The bloke playing Ray Chuck is trying far too hard to be imposing and Kane looks like he is posing for dodgy 80's Winfield adverts all time.

It's a rubbish show.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the Melbourne stuff and those casting choices look ok in comparison to the Sydney/Matthew Newton/ laughable s**t, but it's pretty ordinary really. The bloke playing Ray Chuck is trying far too hard to be imposing and Kane looks like he is posing for dodgy 80's Winfield adverts all time.

It's a rubbish show.

Pretty much

It's a rubbish show.

So why are you watching it?

So you can come on here and bag it?

Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
Next series is set in Melbourne in the 80's, which could be absolutely awesome, Dennis Allan, Victor Pierce, Kath Pettinghill, Painters and Dockers etc. Soundtrack wise it should crap on the first two series :)

That will be bloody interesting. Dennis Allen was feickin a frickin nutbar!
Throw in the Walsh St Killings, Craig Minogue? bombing of the Russell St Police station, Chopper taking a magistrate hostage among other things, and the Eighties were pretty damn vicious as well.

Does anyone know when all the s**t went down with the P & Dockers. Was it 70's and 80's? Billy The Texan and co, shooting the s**t out of each other. Crazy times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a rubbish show.
I suppose. And that is a worry, because with both of them now gone the focus will most likely head back north again :thumbsdown:

cammo84

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I never watched season 1, but I've bought it on DVD and I'm watching an episode each week of S1 as well. It's better than S2.

I have enjoyed season 2 so far, but agree with most that the Melbourne parts were much more exciting. The guy who played Chopper was OKAY, I think everyone is just comparing it to Bana's performance, which was outstanding. It was a very hard act to follow. I thought the guy was atleast believable in the part, he looked too clean-cut though. I thought Ray Chuck and Brian Kane were cast really well though, genuine tough guys, not like Son of Bert.

If season 3 is about the Painters and Dockers and the Pettingil family it should be pretty good. I'm wondering if they'll get the same guy to play Chopper?

Alex99

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was under the impression that Underbelly 3 was going to target the corrupt cops and how that racket was dismantled in Sydney and Melbourne during the 1980s.

Season 1 is far superior to season 2 but the last 2 episodes this season have been quite good.

Jun 28, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
THFC, MVFC
Enjoying Series 2 but Series One was better for me only because I remember half the stuff that happened in it and I can relate to it better.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Very excited about that. Particularly Dennis Allan. He owned his block in Richmond like no other.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Painters and Dockers thought he was a joke. He used to bash kids and s**t, not a hardman imo, a murderer for sure, but he'll get the rockstar treatment for the show either way.

He was pretty full on from what I have read.
I read a book from an ex cop all about him and his brother along with the Pettinghill's and Pierce. Would make compelling viewing.

Karl Pilkington

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He was pretty full on from what I have read.
I read a book from an ex cop all about him and his brother along with the Pettinghill's and Pierce. Would make compelling viewing.

They were dangerous people for sure, murderers and loose cannon's at that.

But it wasn't like they ruled Richmond with an iron fist or anything.

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
They were dangerous people for sure, murderers and loose cannon's at that.

But it wasn't like they ruled Richmond with an iron fist or anything.

From what I have read, I would agree with this. Absolute ****ing maniac, but I'm not sure territory or honour or old school stuff was a high priority.

Oct 4, 2007
Cambridge, UK
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australia Cricket Team
Don't want to read any of the responses, basically I'm in England for the year and am wondering where the best place to watch this over the internet (for free!).

Cheers in advance. :thumbsu:

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Don't want to read any of the responses, basically I'm in England for the year and am wondering where the best place to watch this over the internet (for free!).

Cheers in advance. :thumbsu:

torrents are available at all the usual sites and I think you may be able to view previous episodes on the channel nine website

Remove this Banner Ad

Back