Underrated footballers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #3
Thread for underrated footballers. I'll get the ball rolling - Dmitri Payet.
Doesn't everyone rate Payet? :confused:

I'll nominate Drinkwater for us. Not everyone thinks he's that good but he's been immense for us. To think Nigel was contemplating selling him last season...

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
At least I'm not Bobby Madley
From my club, I'd nominate Cheikou Kouyate. Can play as a box to box midfielder, and gets into the box to cause some havoc whilst being able to do the dirty work protecting the back 4 also. Otherwise Cresswell, should be in the England squad.

Dembele for Spurs is someone I'd probably say, although his form over the years has been a bit topsy turvy, but when he plays well, Spurs seem to as well.

Ryan Shawcross also, Stoke are so bad defensively without him, he could arguably play CB for a top 4 team.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Thread starter #6
I have to say Lovren who had been written off even by LFC fans. He's been absolute quality for us in the last couple of months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not sure how players that play for their national teams (unless a small obscure country) can really be underrated.....

Who the **** is r9?

If you are referring to Brazilian Ronaldo as underrated then you clearly don't know what underrated means.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure how players that play for their national teams (unless a small obscure country) can really be underrated.....

Who the **** is r9?

If you are referring to Brazilian Ronaldo as underrated then you clearly don't know what underrated means.
If you're referring to walker and Rose think you'll find they're selections are generally ridiculed by the uneducated

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
If you're referring to walker and Rose think you'll find they're selections are generally ridiculed by the uneducated
To me players playing for their national teams could only ever be considered overrated i.e not good enough to play representative football.

Unless you have someone that only makes a hand full of national appearances despite their career form suggesting they should have had more, off the top of my head an example is Ian Wright - 185 goals for Arsenal in 288 games yet only 17 starts for England and 33 Caps in total.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
To me players playing for their national teams could only ever be considered overrated i.e not good enough to play representative football.

Unless you have someone that only makes a hand full of national appearances despite their career form suggesting they should have had more, off the top of my head an example is Ian Wright - 185 goals for Arsenal in 288 games yet only 17 starts for England and 33 Caps in total.
I was more talking about being rated on here rather than by national selectors. Do agree that they're obviously rated by those in the know that hand out the caps but on Internet forums they'd be lucky to make a 3rd XI

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Pretty sure people don't understand the concept of underrated/overrated. For us I'd say Dinho is underrated. Silva has been during his time with us but not so much now. Hart probably underrated as well.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Pretty sure people don't understand the concept of underrated/overrated. For us I'd say Dinho is underrated. Silva has been during his time with us but not so much now. Hart probably underrated as well.
Hart if people rate him poorly. He is a good GK but not in the very top echelon.

Fernandinho for sure. His got the unglamorous role so you can see why.

Only a crazy mofo doesn't rate Silva. Best midfield creator in the league. Just doesn't stay injury free long enough

Magma

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
has more assists than anyone in the team over the last couple of seasons im pretty sure. works his arse off and has at times played as a 3rd cb when we're up against it. sure he has his short comings but he's usually described as absolutely useless which is just wrong.

Top Bottom