Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
Marcel Schmelzer.
Thomas Müller (he really is up there as a top 5 in the world in my opinion)
Marco Verratti
Vladimir Darida
Stefan Lichsteiner (or however his name is spelt)

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
From Spurs I'd say Danny Rose. He's a consistently good LB in both defense and going forward but he tends to get judged on how poor he was 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Jose Fonte, Antonio and Dann are others off the top of my head from other clubs.

I think Muller is underrated. Everyone thinks he's good but never mentioned in the top echelon. Bit similair to Silva IMO, no-one has a bad word to say but they dont get the recognition they really deserve.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Elseid Hysaj
Kalidou Koulibaly
Alessandro Florenzi
Antonio Candreva
Nicola Sansone
Good call on the last 4

Not sure Hysaj is underrated, think he's a little raw still, but could be eventually

Candreva has been Lazio's star for a few years, love what he brings to the table

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Danny Rose has been mentioned too many times in this thread so he is no longer underrated.

Only posting this so I can mention the time I met him in a a strip club in Newcastle while he was on loan at Sunderland. My only other encounter in my time living there was seeing Jack Rodwell at the far more family-friendly location of Tesco...

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Danny Rose has been mentioned too many times in this thread so he is no longer underrated.

Only posting this so I can mention the time I met him in a a strip club in Newcastle while he was on loan at Sunderland. My only other encounter in my time living there was seeing Jack Rodwell at the far more family-friendly location of Tesco...
Probably explains why Jack Rodwell has failed to "kick on" in his career that really....

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clyne and Walker are both a bit underrated. Both work the line excellently. I concede both are prone to defensive blunders though

Back