Underrated players in the Premiership...

Remove this Banner Ad

bobbity2

All Australian
Dec 31, 2001
Mitcham, Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Watching the highlights show the other night, I was again impressed with Jensen from Charlton Athletic (so underrated I can't even remember his surname). This guy really seems to have a touch of class about everything he does. Set up one of their goals with a nice turn and terrific little ball to a teammate on the edge of the box. Also seem to recall him scoring a brilliant goal a couple of years ago when he showed great awareness and chipped the keeper (got a feeling it was in their 4-2 win over Arsenal at Highbury). Other contenders for underrated players?

Originally posted by mattyc2422
Scott Parker.

Good thread.

I agree, Scott Parker and Claus Jensen (both Charlton players for that matter) are very underrated, in fact the Charlton team is underrated.

Others:

Fabrice Fernandes
Yakubu Ayegbini
Olof Mellberg
Edwin Van Der Sar (yes he's a class goalie, but everyone seems to forget his name when top EPL keepers are mentioned)
Keith Gillespie (well, he was good once).
Teddy Sheringham (as underrated by Glenn Hoddle)

From Arsenal:

Kolo Toure - people forget that there is more to our backline than Sol and Ashley.

Edu - why the hell is Gilberto starting ahead of Edu!?

Originally posted by aesop
Thomas Gravesen

Underrated? More like most frustrating and inconsistent player I've ever seen pull on an Everton shirt! He may have the ability, but he is capable of having an absolute stinker and can do some very stupid things as well.

From the Blues point of view I have to mention Kenny Cunningham. He has been an absolute colossus for us at centre back since he joined us at the start of last season. Hardly ever puts a foot wrong and when paired with Matty Upson is one part of the best centre half pairing in the Premiership. Even though Kenny is 31 he has improved immeasurably since coming under Brucey's tutelage. He's a great club man, model pro & inspiring captain. Other Blues players that I think are underrated would be Stephen Clemence & Jamie Clapham, both who have improved a lot since joining Blues.

I can't really think of a Blackburn player that is underrated.
Perhaps Tugay, who can't get his ass off the bench these days, and then theres Brad Friedel who is overrated by some, underrated by others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by bacon buster
yeah, i agree with jensen and parker
i also think okocha is underrated by some, overrated by others.

Okocha is hardly underrated, was the talk of the world a few years ago while he was at PSG (I think it was them)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back