Toast Underrated Players

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember thinking it was really weird watching him play for the saints in the 06 elimination final.

Ahh Grgic that reminds me of the real battlers we had for a while there, Ben Beams, Chris Lamb, Ryan Ferguson, Paul Johnson, Cameron Hunter, Shannon Motlop
A few things this makes me think of. I reckon Grgic played one goodish game for geelong that was against the dees. Ryan Ferguson almost got traded to hawthorn for brad sewell which would have been an absolute steal. So obviously Ferguson was overrated by Hawthorn at least. Motlop was picked up only because the loss of Troy Broadbridge, who had a lot of potential certainly I feel like a player who probably would have had a good career but being a defender gets overlooked.

A few things this makes me think of. I reckon Grgic played one goodish game for geelong that was against the dees. Ryan Ferguson almost got traded to hawthorn for brad sewell which would have been an absolute steal. So obviously Ferguson was overrated by Hawthorn at least. Motlop was picked up only because the loss of Troy Broadbridge, who had a lot of potential certainly I feel like a player who probably would have had a good career but being a defender gets overlooked.

Broadbridge was certainly well placed to build on his form and potentially become a good player.

He had shown some good growth in the season prior to his death, but I wouldn't put him in the 'underrated' category.

I feel when people look back on the late 80's early 90's, or the Northy era. You have your Lyon and your Stynes running around, but i feel Graeme Yeats is often under appreciated

Where do we think James McDonald sits with regard to other midfielders that have played 250+ games?
At melb or comp?
He definitely doesnt/didnt get his praises sung enough within the community.
On an aside he is a ripping bloke.

We shafted him (soand im embarrassed to think of that decision by the club, to handball the former (ageing* Veteran) Captain to a plastic franchise for what? 1 an a half seasons. His body was spent, Junior may as well have retired one club player to the red b blue.

At melb or comp?
He definitely doesnt/didnt get his praises sung enough within the community.
On an aside he is a ripping bloke.

We shafted him (soand im embarrassed to think of that decision by the club, to handball the former (ageing* Veteran) Captain to a plastic franchise for what? 1 an a half seasons. His body was spent, Junior may as well have retired one club player to the red b blue.
Competition. I reckon he was definitely elite for a few years there.

I want to say Glenn Lovett... I'm saying Glenn Lovett. While I appreciate that many probably already think he was a good player, I reckon he was a lot better than that but battled injuries throughout his career that restricted him to about half the games he should have played. He had that rare combination of been as hard at it as anyone inside, but could use it beautifully on the outside as well.

I want to say Glenn Lovett... I'm saying Glenn Lovett. While I appreciate that many probably already think he was a good player, I reckon he was a lot better than that but battled injuries throughout his career that restricted him to about half the games he should have played. He had that rare combination of been as hard at it as anyone inside, but could use it beautifully on the outside as well.
He won a b&f in a finals team. Hardly under rated.

His problem is that his body was made of teflon and could only manage 127 games over 13 years. When he played he was a bloody good player, but he missed way too much footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back