Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Found out the hard way that he's allergic to eggs.

I just looked it up, it would have cost $1234 without ambulance cover :eek:
wife is allergic to eggs
look forward to a life of blank stares from restaurant staff when you ask about egg

sure they can tell you if something is gluten free or vegan, but eggs seems to be something people in the food industry don't realise can actually kill people

wife is allergic to eggs
look forward to a life of blank stares from restaurant staff when you ask about egg

sure they can tell you if something is gluten free or vegan, but eggs seems to be something people in the food industry don't realise can actually kill people
I'm hoping he'll grow out of it, we have to take him back to the immunologist in 6 months. Apparently the majority of babies grow out of an egg allergy by the time they're 2.

wife is allergic to eggs

Given it's your wife Gralin (and not a young child) she would probably be very familiar with what foods contain egg, but we were caught out with my daughter - SO many restaurants use prepared sauces/dressings.

Despite seemingly being allergic to everything other than potato, she could eat nuts without any issue. Everyone knew about nut allergies, Gluten was the "in" thing, and her others were easily avoidable ingredients.

Luckily her egg allergy was minor (compared to some of her other food allergies it was only a rash and fever, upset tummy) but it was literally in EVERYTHING. Probably after Onion as the MOST undisclosed ingredient.

Compulsory voting.

Man does non-compulsory voting turn people into absolute flogs.
I would actually like to see what would happen if we had a federal election with non-compulsory voting. (would probably still be a big turnout since people assume they have to vote)

The same as I would like to see how US and UK elections would go with a bout of compulsory voting.

Given it's your wife Gralin (and not a young child) she would probably be very familiar with what foods contain egg, but we were caught out with my daughter - SO many restaurants use prepared sauces/dressings.

Despite seemingly being allergic to everything other than potato, she could eat nuts without any issue. Everyone knew about nut allergies, Gluten was the "in" thing, and her others were easily avoidable ingredients.

Luckily her egg allergy was minor (compared to some of her other food allergies it was only a rash and fever, upset tummy) but it was literally in EVERYTHING. Probably after Onion as the MOST undisclosed ingredient.
she developed it post baby
you're right though they put egg in everything and while the serving staff and the chef's they don't even seem to have any training on allergens at most places which I find strange

so many times half the menu or more goes out the window, the worst is that a lot of places serve food made off site, like the cakes and stuff so they don't even know whats in half their menu

When I went on tour there was a girl in the group who was allergic to eggs, and she could die if she ate them as her throat would swell up etc.

I ******* love eggs. Have them for breakfast nearly every morning.

I met a dude who was allergic to eggs and peanuts. I immediately thought that would be a total pain in the nuts and then he told me he was travelling to SE Asia.

Wat. Enjoy eating steamed white rice 3 times a day.

When I went on tour there was a girl in the group who was allergic to eggs, and she could die if she ate them as her throat would swell up etc.

I ******* love eggs. Have them for breakfast nearly every morning.

giphy.gif

I would actually like to see what would happen if we had a federal election with non-compulsory voting. (would probably still be a big turnout since people assume they have to vote)

The same as I would like to see how US and UK elections would go with a bout of compulsory voting.

I find it weird to think that the 2016 US election was 66m to 63m (Hilary 'won', but you don't get more seats in a state with 90% of the vote compared to 51% - that's their system) and there were over 100m eligible voters who didn't vote.

I reckon without compulsory voting we'd similar results here overall but the margins in each electorate would be larger. My seat has been safe Liberal since the 80s with regular 60-65% 2PP results. I reckon without compulsory voting you'd see 70-80% results from the few people who care still voting Liberal and all the people who currently just go 'well * it it's going to be Liberal anyway' not voting. You can guarantee there'd be allll sorts of pork barrelling going on in marginal seats.

It's fricken weird, 50% of the babies in my mother's group have a confirmed food allergy.

That's probably symptomatic of 2018 more than anything.

I assume we're ball park same age and I don't remember any of my pre-primary/primary school class mates having food allergies. There was always the odd kid with excma, a couple with asthma, a few allergic to bee stings but I don't remember kids walking around with epipens.

I don't believe that in the space of 20-30 years that humans have become so reactive to things we've been eating for 100s of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's probably symptomatic of 2018 more than anything.

I assume we're ball park same age and I don't remember any of my pre-primary/primary school class mates having food allergies. There was always the odd kid with excma, a couple with asthma, a few allergic to bee stings but I don't remember kids walking around with epipens.

I don't believe that in the space of 20-30 years that humans have become so reactive to things we've been eating for 100s of years.
The immunologist we saw said there's a lot of anxious parents carrying epi-pens who don't necessarily need them, i.e. the kid doesn't have an anaphylaxis allergy and an antihistamine would do the trick. I can't remember allergies being this prevalent either, but I have asthma and hayfever and HBF has hayfever so our baby was bound to have allergies. He has eczema too, which all but one (out of 9) of the babies in my mother's group has, too.

I met a dude who was allergic to eggs and peanuts. I immediately thought that would be a total pain in the nuts and then he told me he was travelling to SE Asia.

Wat. Enjoy eating steamed white rice 3 times a day.
Peanuts and eggs, weird.

Pain in the nuts. Hehe.

The immunologist we saw said there's a lot of anxious parents carrying epi-pens who don't necessarily need them, i.e. the kid doesn't have an anaphylaxis allergy and an antihistamine would do the trick. I can't remember allergies being this prevalent either, but I have asthma and hayfever and HBF has hayfever so our baby was bound to have allergies. He has eczema too, which all but one (out of 9) of the babies in my mother's group has, too.

I reckon a few parents these days subconsciously want their kid to have some kind of allergy or ailment so they don't feel left out.

I read An article yesterday about a woman wanting nuts banned on planes because it’s a closed environment and the venting of the air from a plane with nuts can cause her anaphylaxis to trigger.

I’ve no doubt allergies are more prevalent now but why I’ve no idea
yeah nuts can be nasty, very common to be a contact allergy, its why schools try to be nut free
kid a eats peanuts, wipes hands on kid b, kid be has anaphylaxis

shits me when they try and ban dairy though, like if little Scotty can't avoid drinking someone else's milk and gets an upset tummy that's his problem

yeah nuts can be nasty, very common to be a contact allergy, its why schools try to be nut free
kid a eats peanuts, wipes hands on kid b, kid be has anaphylaxis

shits me when they try and ban dairy though, like if little Scotty can't avoid drinking someone else's milk and gets an upset tummy that's his problem

I guess some people see both things as one and the same.

Frankly if it’s at most a minor inconvenience to me to not have nuts in a flight versus saving a life I think I can live with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back