Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

but it's my right to be served peanuts waahhhhhhh
Ugh when I went to the US for the first time I went to a bunch of sports games (NFL,NHL,NBA) and Americans LOVE their peanuts, so much so that they sell $4 bags of unshelled peanuts and these are pretty decent sized bags, so I am just there being uncomfortable with all these people getting peanut residue all over themselves and their general area, luckily I never sat directly next to someone who had a bag.

You should see the mess left on the floor from all the shells after the games.

Read some research recently that babies born via Caesarian are much more likely to develop allergies. There are protective properties involved during natural birth (ill spare you the details).

There was a time my mother was deathly allergic to cats. Big time, life threateningly allergic. Now a days she can pat them for a minute before a rash breaks out but nothing more. Let the kid grow out of it.

Most do just grow out of it. Still, you’re not going to keep feeding them eggs if they break out in a rash all the time. Pretty easy to adapt if it’s just one thing.

We know a kid who is terribly allergic to eggs, nuts, chicken and dairy. Nightmare! We’re lucky as we’ve never had any allergy problems with our boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I supposedly had a rash from a penicillin shot as a kid, from what im told it was pretty mild but its on my medical history and therefore i will never be given penicillin. If thats the MEDICAL reaction to a mild allergy i can understand a parents reaction to a moderate to severe allergy.

In any event i would hope society has progressed to a point where if not having peanuts on a f**king 2 hour flight to the Goldy might actually save a life it was a no brainer, though i fear the "its my right" brigade will always have some issue with it

Whats the alternative, not everyone has the option of home schooling them?
Not sure there is one yet but sure a school for those with issues as such isn't far off. Beats the alternative of trying to get an entire school to not bring in dairy products.

Not sure there is one yet but sure a school for those with issues as such isn't far off. Beats the alternative of trying to get an entire school to not bring in dairy products.

Well again, whats a reasonable expectation. On a plane no nuts seems reasonable (to me) in a school making your allergy known its reasonable to expect your kid isnt going to be force fed (allegedly) their allergy trigger.

You might be right i suppose but i cant see any school opening for "allergy" sufferers given the breadth of things people are allergic too.

Egging kids because they have allergies is definitely not ok, but that comes down to the parents educating their child not to be a dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back