Underrated things in life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Don't know how you could do coffee or tea with milk AND sugar.

I do long blacks, no sugar. If it's a crappy servo coffee or mediocre-looking cafe coffee then I may consider a pinch of sugar.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've probably told the story before - used to work with a guy who made a drink he called a "Heart Starter". I'm sure I've posted about it on here before.

Can't remember the actual numbers, maybe 5 coffee and 4 sugar, enough boiling water to make a slurry, then topped with just enough milk to make it a liquid.

Would drink one of them just before starting night-shift every night. Said he did the same every morning before taking the kids to school and working his day job.

Larry Barnsworth

Playing my Natural Game
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was talking to friends the other day and their girl is allergic to cashews. The doctor told them it was because she used to eat a lot of them at a time. Then she’d have a break for a few weeks before getting back into them. Apparently that’s worse than just grazing on them regularly. Yo-yoing like that can trigger a reaction.
Huh. That pretty much describes how I've eaten cashews my entire life. Bodies are weird

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
On the rare occasion I drink instant I have two teaspoons of coffee and one sugar.
I used to have one sugar with my coffee but now I have none, I needed to cut down my sugar intake and found I didn't really need it anyway.

If I go to a cafe I often order a cappuccino and they are sweet enough without adding any extra sugar to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larry Barnsworth

Playing my Natural Game
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I never used to drink much coffee at home - even had the expensive Italian espresso machine - until such time as I had myself taught how to use it properly.

I had a pretty good relationship with the coffee shop near where I worked at the time so I hit them up. "Look - I'm using similar kit to you, I think I'm doing the same stuff, but my coffee tastes nothing like yours. What the hell am I doing wrong?"

So they brought me behind the counter and gave me a crash course. My specific problems were caused by using pre-ground beans, burning the grind and over-heating the milk.

Recently went for a team meeting at a coffee shop with a new team. Everyone ordered and it was a mix of hot chocolates, sweet lattes and frappe things. I ordered last - long black no sugar. ******* were properly intimidated I can tell you. :p

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I have these at home for my nespresso machine.

https://www.compatible-capsules.com/

no longer a slave to the nespresso coffee itself - I get my own from cafes I like and make them at home, so much cheaper and these capsules paid for themselves in a matter of weeks I reckon.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
If you're having tea or coffee with multiple sugars just forget the tea/coffee part and drink soft drink or glucose syrup.

Coffee with properly steamed/foamed milk is sweet enough. I don't mind a cup of tea with a bit of honey (good in Winter if sick) but adding more than a tea spoon of sugar makes it sweet. 'Muricans drink that god awful sweet tea shit.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
If you're having tea or coffee with multiple sugars just forget the tea/coffee part and drink soft drink or glucose syrup.

Coffee with properly steamed/foamed milk is sweet enough. I don't mind a cup of tea with a bit of honey (good in Winter if sick) but adding more than a tea spoon of sugar makes it sweet. 'Muricans drink that god awful sweet tea shit.
One sugar in a coffee doesn’t equal the 11 or so in a can of coke.

Top Bottom