Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Arrow

All Australian
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Life in Pieces, a US sit-com that was a bit of a rip off of Modern Family but is very funny in its own right.

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Due South was another. A mountie in Chicago who never/rarely used a gun (like MacGyver)
The first two seasons were really good.

After that, it got really strange. The mountie's US police detective partner (Ray Vecchio) goes undercover, and is replaced by another detective (Stanley Kowalski) using the original partner's identity (i.e. calling himself Ray Vecchio). The writers often forgot this, so characters who had previously known Vecchio I never questioned anything when meeting Vecchio II for the first time.

OhioCatsfan

Host - ayankonthefooty.com
Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
I have always thought Person of Interest was pretty underrated compared to The Blacklist. Pretty similar concepts, but the former was IMO a much smarter and more engaging show despite pulling much lower numbers.
Absolutely loved that series. I watch the Blacklist as well, but I'm now watching waiting to see it end. While it is entertaining, I think it has gone on too long.

Roobs321

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
A Fine Romance (the early 80s sitcom with real life couple Judi Dench & Michael Williams) only has a 7.0 on IMDB, which is a bit harsh.

MC Bad Genius

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
The three I can think of (which might be overlooked rather than underrated, but whatever):

Rev - A really charming British comedy about a new reverend at an inner-London church. It invites obvious comparisons to the Vicar Of Dibley, but it's a far better show, with some really clever skewering of church life and characters, while actually dealing with some deeper notions of faith and doubt in a really respectful way.

Counterpart - A science-fiction masterpiece that plays more like a classic Le Carre spy thriller with J.K. Simmons starring as two versions of himself trying to unite two different realities. It's absolutely criminal that it only got 2 seasons, but don't be put off watching it, as it wraps up the story really well.

High Maintenance - Starting as a web series, each episode is a stand-alone where the common link is "The Guy", a weed dealer in New York. Sometimes he's the main lead of the story and other times he's in literally a fragment of a scene, but it's a fantastic show that is at times hilarious and other times really poignant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MC Bad Genius

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Absolute slow burner.

Very good show. Great acting.

IIRC the blonde haired woman is an Aussie actress.
So is the actor who plays Daniel, I think (or at least lived in Australia for a long time).

The episode where he visits the family of his death row friend was one of the most moving episodes of TV I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes correct.
The wife of the tyre salesman, she did a very good southern accent.

Def a show worth checking out for those who haven't seen it.

Born and raised in Brisbane, Australia. Daughter of a British father. Adelaide Clemens began working as an actress on Australian television while in high school. She guest-starred in a 2006 episode of Blue Water High (2005) as Juliet, and in 2007, she starred in the children's series Pirate Islands: The Lost Treasure of Fiji (2007)
November 30, 1989 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So is the actor who plays Daniel, I think (or at least lived in Australia for a long time).

The episode where he visits the family of his death row friend was one of the most moving episodes of TV I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.
Wow. Either didnt know or totally forgot. Likely I forgot, as I generally read bios of actors.

Aden Young
Canadian-Australian actor

Aden Young is a Canadian-Australian actor. He is best known for his portrayal of Daniel Holden in the SundanceTV drama Rectify, for which he was twice nominated for the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. He has appeared in American, Canadian and Australian productions.

Roobs321

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Last edited:

Warsaw

Leviathan
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Patriot

2 seasons on Amazon. Fargo meets Barry meets Inside Llewyn Davis.

Actually hate when I get reminded of it cause then I have to think about the fact that we didn't get a season 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad