Underrated TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Series one great but series two chockablock with filler although the high peaks are the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
True. Which is what I felt ultimately killed the show.

The S2 had 20 episodes, compared to S1 which had 10.

If you take the best 10 episodes of S2, its pretty damn good for its time, we are talking about the 2000's.

True. Which is what I felt ultimately killed the show.

The S2 had 20 episodes, compared to S1 which had 10.

If you take the best 10 episodes of S2, its pretty damn good for its time, we are talking about the 2000's.
The tie up from the season one finale
The John and the annoying girlfriend
Death of Cromarty
The woman from garbage and rebirth of Cromarty
The Aussie chick from the future
The ending

Bang, some fine storylines in there but unfortunately spread too thinly across 20 episodes.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The tie up from the season one finale
The John and the annoying girlfriend
Death of Cromarty
The woman from garbage and rebirth of Cromarty
The Aussie chick from the future
The ending

Bang, some fine storylines in there but unfortunately spread too thinly across 20 episodes.

The S2 finale, set up a potentially awesome S3.

I think there is an actual script of S3 floating online of what could have been.

The S2 finale, set up a potentially awesome S3.

I think there is an actual script of S3 floating online of what could have been.
The writer has never revealed what he had planned. I had high hopes when he was picked up to help wrote Dark Fate, but it didn't work out, clearly.

Breakers (Aussie late 90's soap) - way better than Neighbours and Home & Away but only lasted 3 seasons I think.

One of the main reason Breakers - which featured a young Ada Nicodemou pre Home and Away - failed was because it was televised at unusual times. It was screened in the early afternoon, and the episode would then be repeated late in the evening after 9.30. This made it hard for the soap to find an audience in the essential 18-45 demographic, and thus it was never going to succeed.

Another under-rated Australian TV show from the late 1990s was crime/mystery/comedy 'Good Guys Bad Guys', set in Melbourne and starring Marcus Graham, Alison Whyte and Travis McMahon.

One of the main reason Breakers - which featured a young Ada Nicodemou pre Home and Away - failed was because it was televised at unusual times. It was screened in the early afternoon, and the episode would then be repeated late in the evening after 9.30. This made it hard for the soap to find an audience in the essential 18-45 demographic, and thus it was never going to succeed.

Another under-rated Australian TV show from the late 1990s was crime/mystery/comedy 'Good Guys Bad Guys', set in Melbourne and starring Marcus Graham, Alison Whyte and Travis McMahon.

Yeah, that's right - I remember I used to watch it after the late news on TEN.

I have no memory of that show at all, I'll have to look it up.

Carnivale. Was great but got canned after two seasons.

Barry has been critically acclaimed but not sure it’s got the audience it deserves. Terrific comedy.

Thought Vinyl was stiff not to get a second season…yeah some faults but a few excellent eps and some very good acting performances especially from Cannavale and Romano

Remove this Banner Ad

Back