Underrated TV shows

While Freaks and Geeks is "rated"- by those who have watched it- it was criminal that didnt get at least one more season.

Two broke girls. They have really good chemistry together. only watched a few eps, but it's not bad.

Yeah I actually watched maybe 10 or so minutes of it the other day- wasnt half bad.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I have always thought Person of Interest was pretty underrated compared to The Blacklist. Pretty similar concepts, but the former was IMO a much smarter and more engaging show despite pulling much lower numbers.

I loved the first season of POI then for some reason just never got back around to watching it again.
I will have to put it on my catch up to watch list.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I loved the first season of POI then for some reason just never got back around to watching it again.
I will have to put it on my catch up to watch list.
Definitely do it. I liked the show in the first season, but it got much better in the second and third seasons. Moved away from the case-of-the-week format and into more involved ongoing arcs.

Also one of those shows that finished at pretty much exactly the right time. Went out on top, but got a half season after cancellation to wrap up all the loose ends.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I have always thought Person of Interest was pretty underrated compared to The Blacklist. Pretty similar concepts, but the former was IMO a much smarter and more engaging show despite pulling much lower numbers.
Good call; created by Jonathon Nolan and you can see it as a forerunner to Westworld.

Agents of Shield. Got off to a ropey start and a lot of fans bailed but it really built up to an excellent show, particularly between seasons 2 and 5. If you like Marvel films, there's no reason you wouldn't like it.

Mara Singha

Cancelled
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agents of Shield. Got off to a ropey start and a lot of fans bailed but it really built up to an excellent show, particularly between seasons 2 and 5. If you like Marvel films, there's no reason you wouldn't like it.

MCU movies have charm despite rarely straying from 3-star territory because its 2.5-3 hours of your life then you move on. Suspect watching 136 45-minute episodes of the same thing with a worse budget would get old fast.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
A show called Lano and Woodley that was out around early 2000's.
Most underrated show I know.

The Adventures of Lano and Woodley? That was originally aired on the ABC in the late 90s, definitely an underrated show that deserved more credit.

It kind of reminded me of lots of shows from the past. Neither it or Blacklist grabbed me enough to watch more than a few episodes.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It kind of reminded me of lots of shows from the past. Neither it or Blacklist grabbed me enough to watch more than a few episodes.
PoI started off as a fairly uninteresting case-of-the-week action procedural for the first season or so. It became more interesting later on, and by the end of its run I would say it is one of the better sci fi shows I’ve seen.

The Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno incredible Hulk... more about the struggle internally and search for a cure rather than being a hero or monster.

Due South was another. A mountie in Chicago who never/rarely used a gun (like MacGyver)

Back