Society/Culture Understanding Gender as a Spectrum

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for the OP. Must be difficult being a father in Australia today.

Are you given any respect in the household? For most men, the honest answer is... no, not really.

School (via the teachers and/or the peer group) encourages your daughter to 'identify' as 'non binary' and you have to sit there and cop it sweet.

Ouch.

I'm gonna guzzle tons of clen, tren and test and blast off the masculine end of the spectrum. I'm sure they only meant for people to go the other way but here we are.

I’d be trusting your first instincts, it’s absolute nonsense however they’re convinced that they’re bad people if they disagree with it. For whatever reason though, these weird social phenomena somehow become trendy to kids around that age (you wouldn’t believe the number of kids who were cutting themselves when I was that age). For the most part they’ll grow out of it as their brain develops.

Yep. Just ask them how they go to the toilet. Answer should be pretty straightforward.

Significant data.

Mental illness amongst children & adolescents (males and females)

(n = 1.3 million)

Incidence Rates and Cumulative Incidences of the Full Spectrum of Diagnosed Mental Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence

Søren Dalsgaard, MD, PhD1,2; Erla Thorsteinsson, MSc1,2; Betina B. Trabjerg, MSc1,2,3; et al Jörg Schullehner, PhD2,4; Oleguer Plana-Ripoll, PhD2; Isabell Brikell, PhD1,2; Theresa Wimberley, PhD1,2; Malene Thygesen, MA1,2,3; Kathrine Bang Madsen, PhD1,2; Allan Timmerman, PhD1,2,3; Diana Schendel, PhD1,2,5; John J. McGrath, PhD2,6,7; Preben Bo Mortensen, DrMedSc1,2,3; Carsten B. Pedersen, DrMedSc1,2,3

JAMA Psychiatry. Published online November 20, 2019. doi:https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2019.3523

1574329008147.png

1574329041234.png

1574329051191.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back