Remove this Banner Ad

Zim^zuM

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Knights
70,000 members between the CFMEU, etc, ppteu etc. 320,000 construction workers. 30,000 CFMEU members. How many at the protests?

Hoops

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Danger! Ive got Wood
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
Here is book review about the ones left behind from the Amazon business model and the inequality of the US.

Hopefully this can't happen in Australia with our relative strong unions. But to the Liberal party it's utopia.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Here is book review about the ones left behind from the Amazon business model and the inequality of the US.

Hopefully this can't happen in Australia with our relative strong unions. But to the Liberal party it's utopia.
From the little bit I know about it I don't think unions are that strong any more and losing power fast.

The far right is winning

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From the little bit I know about it I don't think unions are that strong any more and losing power fast.

The far right is winning
Tis not about the far right or left…people think for themselves…the unions will sink under their
own weight of irrelevance..

Last edited:

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Tis not about the far right or left…people think for themselves…the unions will sink under their
own weight of irrelevance..
The bad press always outdoes the good Unions do.
There are always power hungry people that do more harm than good in any form of gathering, be it a political party or a Union.
The recent agreement between the TWU & Toll (the Japanese Post office) is an example of Unions 2021: https://www.ownerdriver.com.au/industry-news/2110/revised-toll-agreement-in-the-offing-twu-claims

That Toll has just off-loaded its Global Express division does remind of what happened to TNT when the Dutch Post Office bought that company.

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The bad press always outdoes the good Unions do.
There are always power hungry people that do more harm than good in any form of gathering, be it a political party or a Union.
The recent agreement between the TWU & Toll (the Japanese Post office) is an example of Unions 2021: https://www.ownerdriver.com.au/industry-news/2110/revised-toll-agreement-in-the-offing-twu-claims

That Toll has just off-loaded its Global Express division does remind of what happened to TNT when the Dutch Post Office bought that company.
No human who has ever lived has had more than a 50% approval rating.

Rob R

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The far right is winning
The right to join a union is essential and they have made a great contribution to society however their diminishing relevance isnt due to the far right gaining dominance but rather unions being perceived as losing focus on the worker and rather on the pay and status of their leadership (how many union execs have never had a real job in the industry?).

We had hundreds of positions out sourced or moved across Melbourne without consultation. When union members rang the union in tears, they did nothing - didnt even ask mgmt a question. But the unions (CPSU) certainly were quick to reach out to seek a donation or talk up an ALP campaign.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The right to join a union is essential and they have made a great contribution to society however their diminishing relevance isnt due to the far right gaining dominance but rather unions being perceived as losing focus on the worker and rather on the pay and status of their leadership (how many union execs have never had a real job in the industry?).

We had hundreds of positions out sourced or moved across Melbourne without consultation. When union members rang the union in tears, they did nothing - didnt even ask mgmt a question. But the unions (CPSU) certainly were quick to reach out to seek a donation or talk up an ALP campaign.

No subs in jeopardy?

anchor man

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dynamic Dockers &South Fr

The far right is winning
They are losing power because the Liberal and other right wing governments are always attacking them .The right wing media take that to the people as well.
They see Unions as the enemy to them making more money than they should.
Keep the working class down in the gutter.
So many people have no idea just what the Unions have created work wise for them.
Holidays, long service, superannuation, sick leave, maternity leave, the list goes on. But still so many take them for granted, but have no idea that the unions fought and got those conditions.
Unions fought long and hard for the 40 hour week, but due to greed from the bosses, they want you to work for a pay rise. That means working another , one, two, three hours a week. But do you really think that you are more than adequately compensated for those hours!!!!!
Do you think the boss is going to give you a pay rise with out wanting more than a pound of flesh from you.
Just need to look at the fiasco of Cash, of her cohorts, telling the media they were going to raid Union offices ,What for!!!!For a media smash at the unions.What did they find!!!! Exactly what they knew they would. But Hey holy sh*t it got the Unions more bad press.
If it wasn't for the Unions, you would still be working for a couple of bob an hour.

Present Not Past

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs

That hasn't been my experience at all.
However, I've seen plenty of people who wanted nothing to do with a union all their working life suddenly want their help when things go pear shaped for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad