United States of America v Ireland (2 T20s and 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks NYRB I enjoyed that. From all I've read it seems as if the US have put their neverending administrative issues behind them. With the ever growing subcontinental population there, added to the base they've always had in the expatriate Carribbean community, it seems inevitable that the USA will become a decent team on the limited overs scene. It will never grow beyond those two communities, but that's still tens of millions of people.

No Ian Holland for the US which is a shame. Injured or just made himself unavailable? He's a great story. Won the show 'Cricket Superstar' and got a Victorian rookie gig, managed a shield games while largely toiling away at district level.

Eventually lands a gig as a local player in England based off his parents holding a passport and has excelled in county cricket, while also beginning an international career for the USA as he was born there.

Thanks NYRB I enjoyed that. From all I've read it seems as if the US have put their neverending administrative issues behind them. With the ever growing subcontinental population there, added to the base they've always had in the expatriate Carribbean community, it seems inevitable that the USA will become a decent team on the limited overs scene. It will never grow beyond those two communities, but that's still tens of millions of people.
If the game makes it to the Olympics, there is no reason why the momentum can't build. (in 2028 in Los Angeles)

With the World T20 coming to the US and Carribean I do agree case in point that it will still be dominated be expats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back