Unofficial Match Committee

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by dyertribe
I said "West Lakes" not "Gary's house."
My bad. I quoted the wrong post.

jc67 had written something that I wanted to reply to and when I clicked on "quote" I got the link invalid message. I refreshed and clicked on the thing again but since he deleted his message I wrongly quoted you.

His message was something along the lines that we changed the direction 4 weeks ago when we let Gary go and we'll be even better off when we get rid of some player too.

Just gets my blood boiling when Gary gets solely blamed for everything when its all not entirely his fault.

Originally posted by jc67
well it IS
Why do we go over this so regularly? You know his ego was always the problem and you have agreed with that point in the past also:confused: :confused:
Jeez I drop off for a while to do my tax and you have totally switched your views:confused: :confused: peer presure?
I never ever said its all Gary's fault which you are suggesting. I have always claimed that our problems go much deeper than Gary Ayres something you are too blind to see.

Read my post in the other thread then come back to me.:rolleyes: But hey if you want to blinded by the AFC propaganda then go right ahead. Don't expect me to follow

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
My bad. I quoted the wrong post.

jc67 had written something that I wanted to reply to and when I clicked on "quote" I got the link invalid message. I refreshed and clicked on the thing again but since he deleted his message I wrongly quoted you.

His message was something along the lines that we changed the direction 4 weeks ago when we let Gary go and we'll be even better off when we get rid of some player too.

Just gets my blood boiling when Gary gets solely blamed for everything when its all not entirely his fault.
True I deleted my post as I had wrongly misread DT post, I sort of agree with what he said (in that post)

Well done Bill, great call! What the hell do KG and Cornesy know? Nothing. They are just old ********s who think they know more than everyone else, well, as you showed them, they DON'T!
So, once again, well done!
There should be more of this going on...

Originally posted by Skippy_14
Well done Bill, great call! What the hell do KG and Cornesy know? Nothing. They are just old ********s who think they know more than everyone else, well, as you showed them, they DON'T!
So, once again, well done!
There should be more of this going on...

What did Cornesy ever do wrong in this debate?! :confused:

I never ever said its all Gary's fault which you are suggesting. I have always claimed that our problems go much deeper than Gary Ayres something you are too blind to see.

Read my post in the other thread then come back to me.:rolleyes: But hey if you want to blinded by the AFC propaganda then go right ahead. Don't expect me to follow
Ok a lot of what you have said makes perfect sense.
We have agreed that the problem does run deeper than the coach BUT he (his ego) did get in the way a hell of a lot and I truly believe that was the cause of most (not all) of our problems.
You might not remember my 1st post on this board last year but I was calling for Ayres sacking then as my sources within the club had all been saying that Gary's ego was all consuming and interfering in all things AFC. I was never a fan (well maybe a bit after blight left).
As for Craig I have been a fan of the way he has managed his team, and even more impressed that he didn't try to change much (imo the single biggest mistake any manager can make is to turn an organisation on its head to soon)
I also have been happy with the efforts of the players up until the 2nd half of the lions game losing is not such a bad thing if you can keep the fire. There are also big benefits for the list!
I still haven’t watched those 2 quarters and don't intend to.
As I have said repeatedly I will support whoever gets the job, but started out thinking Neil Craig was the wrong man but have since changed my tune. And that does go against the grain of most supporters.

Craig has completely changed the game style. What are you talking about? We've gone from though, accountable, man-on-man style to unaccountable, numbers-ahead-of the ball attacking SANFL football.

Originally posted by spindoctor
Craig has completely changed the game style. What are you talking about? We've gone from though, accountable, man-on-man style to unaccountable, numbers-ahead-of the ball attacking SANFL football.
The main problem is we don't have a plan B to bring into action when plan A is not working.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
The main problem is we don't have a plan B to bring into action when plan A is not working.
And as I said about million of times before, you cannot structure and successfully implement the game plan (in this case plan B) is such a short period of time.

Originally posted by spindoctor

And as I said about million of times before, you cannot structure and successfully implement the game plan (in this case plan B) is such a short period of time.

If Craig has changed the game style so quickly then why can't he at least go back to the man-on-man as plan B?

Originally posted by Baldrick
If Craig has changed the game style so quickly then why can't he at least go back to the man-on-man as plan B?
Because its about going forward and not going backwards. Why would you continue to implement something that is proven failure??????

I think we all seem to forget at times what is really the purpose of the remainder of the season. Win-loss ratio has got nothing to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because its about going forward and not going backwards. Why would you continue to implement something that is proven failure??????
Do you honestly believe that man-on-man accountability will not be required under a new coach? It's the way it's applied that counts.

Originally posted by Baldrick
Do you honestly believe that man-on-man accountability will not be required under a new coach? It's the way it's applied that counts.
Of course it will be required but not when its applied in a manner that we have been applying it. I said that you cannot structure and successfully implement it in such a short period of time.

Of course it will be required but not when its applied in a manner that we have been applying it. I said that you cannot structure and successfully implement it in such a short period of time.
No argument there but I also don't think more accountability from key players who are losing on the night is asking for miracles.

Is it possible that someone could email Steven trig and request that they publish the process they have for selecting a new coach and/or once they have come to the conclusion of which coach they have chosen give us the details on why the chosen coach was selected above other candidates? What where the defining reasons for choice etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back