Podcast UnPluggered: A Saints podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2020 Round 2 is finally in the books - 84 days after the conclusion of Round 1 - and the Saints are now on the board with a win! The St Kilda Football Club delivered a withering burst of direct, beautiful football to dominate the Western Bulldogs after quarter time and now look forward to Round 3 against Collingwood, who are coming off a draw in a disappointing game against the Tigers. The boys look back at the best moments of the Saints 39-point victory and keep an eye on the upcoming Magpies clash.

He was supremely skilled on both sides of the body, and had a career full of memorable moments. This week 2x All Australian wingman/half-back, Aussie Jones, joins Unpluggered to chat about his 226 games in red, white and black, from draft year in 1994 to a goal for the ages in the 1997 Grand Final, and a revitalised career under Grant Thomas in 2004/05, before an early retirement at the age of 29.

FULL EPISODE:
🔊 SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
🔊 APPLE PODCASTS: apple.co/2CnLJqD
🔊 GOOGLE PODCASTS: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle
Or wherever you get your podcasts!

The Sainters could use a dose of Nathan Burke's hardness on Saturday as we aim to rebound from a disappointing loss with a Maddie's Match victory against the Tigers.

The Saints legend was the special guest on Unpluggered this week and was asked about some of the following:
* the famous helmet;
* 1991 Elimination Final concussion;
* the march to the 1997 GF;
* loyalty + St Kilda Football Club;
* Doc, Sheldon, Alves and coach merry-go-round;
* leadership and culture change at Moorabbin;
... and much, much more!

Plus we give our votes for Round 3 (with great difficulty!) and discuss the special annual clash for Maddie Riewoldt's Vision.

Full Podcast:
🔊 SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
🔊 APPLE PODCASTS: apple.co/2CnLJqD
🔊 GOOGLE PODCASTS: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle

FULL BURKE VIDEO CHAT:

Did you know that? Any other athletes/celebs play juniors at the club back in the day?
Warnie is the obvious one that we all know about.

Here's what he said on Unpluggered:

Yes Shane Warne.

And Darren Berry.

And Simon O’Donnell.

And Sam Loxton.

And Keith Miller.

And....

.....Sir Donald Bradman 😃🏏🦘

PkaUPqG.jpg

Yes Shane Warne.

And Darren Berry.

And Simon O’Donnell.

And Sam Loxton.

And Keith Miller.

And....

.....Sir Donald Bradman 😃🏏🦘

PkaUPqG.jpg

I think Robert Harveys great uncle was Bradman's understudy. Neil Harvey was Australia's second high-test run scorer at the time.

Unpluggered Podcast is back for another season of Saints Footy and we were delighted to speak with Peta Searle ahead of her second season as coach of the St Kilda Football Club AFLW team.

Take a look back at the off-season that was, with our special guest - Chris Toce, St Kilda Football Club state recruiting manager - with some insight into the 2020 AFL Draft and Trade Period, while, just as the Mens team did in week one of the 2020 AFL Finals series, the Saints girls had a fantastic win in their season opener against the Western Bulldogs. The lads chat through "Searle's Girls" Round 1 performance and being able to watch footy at Moorabbin Oval again.

PLUS a special promotion for Unpluggered Podcast listeners:

Also available on Spotify, iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.

Nick Dal Santo is one of the most skilful to ever pull on the red, white and black of the St Kilda Football Club. Unpluggered Podcast caught up with "Nicky Dal" to chat about his 260-game career at the Saints, the 2001 'Superdraft', those Grand Finals, his departure, and much, much more:

SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
APPLE: apple.co/2CnLJqD
GOOGLE: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle
WEB: https://unpluggered.captivate.fm/

Was great to hear to Dal dive into some of the BTS from that 09/10 era. I simply can’t get over it, 09/10 stays in my brain every day and I watch/research so much from that time period. Truly my favourite St Kilda side and I just can’t believe we couldn’t pinch one. My pessimistic attitude towards football stems from those finals - part of me still doesn’t think we can ever win one if that 09 side couldn’t get the job done. Sorry for the rant - up the Sainters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I loved those teams but after last year I’m well and truly over all the look backs of those 2000’s Saints teams. Probably because it still haunts me and always will until we win one. Big fan of this podcast but surely we could have looked forward at some point during it, would’ve loved to have heard Dal’s opinion about the list and what he thinks it’s capable of.

This week's episode is a tribute to the late Danny Frawley, as the boys are joined by the former skipper's daughter, Chelsea Frawley, as well as his great mate and fellow Saints great, Stewart Loewe, ahead of "Spud's Game".

We focus on his legacy as both a St Kilda legend and men's health ambassador, and take some time to reflect on our own experiences in the mental health environment.

We also discuss a great Round 1 victory over GWS, and take a look at the important upcoming clash against Melbourne FC at Marvel Stadium.

LISTEN: https://unpluggered.captivate.fm/episode/spuds-game-time2talk-ft-stewart-loewe-chelsea-frawley or subscribe on Spotify, iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!

This week's episode is a tribute to the late Danny Frawley, as the boys are joined by the former skipper's daughter, Chelsea Frawley, as well as his great mate and fellow Saints great, Stewart Loewe, ahead of "Spud's Game".

We focus on his legacy as both a St Kilda legend and men's health ambassador, and take some time to reflect on our own experiences in the mental health environment.

We also discuss a great Round 1 victory over GWS, and take a look at the important upcoming clash against Melbourne FC at Marvel Stadium.

LISTEN: https://unpluggered.captivate.fm/episode/spuds-game-time2talk-ft-stewart-loewe-chelsea-frawley or subscribe on Spotify, iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!
Brilliant, thank you. An absolute treat this podcast.

Russell Holmesby is the official historian of the St Kilda Football Club. He's also written multiple books about the history of Australian Rules Football, including Saints' favourites such as "Heroes With Haloes," "The Point of it All" and "Strength Through Loyalty: Saints at Moorabbin and Beyond".

Russell joins Unpluggered this week to talk about his life as a St Kilda fan, and we back up from a disappointing result in "Spud's Game" with a huge opportunity against the Bombers in Round 3.

WEB: https://unpluggered.captivate.fm/episode/3-6-fortius-quo-fidelius-ft-russell-holmesby
SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
APPLE: apple.co/2CnLJqD
GOOGLE: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle

Could the real St Kilda Football Club please stand up?

Another Jekyll and Hyde showing from the Saints after a competitive first half turned into a blowout loss to the Tigers in 'Maddie's Match.' How do we respond this week?

Plus, we're joined by former St Kilda FC sharpshooter, JASON HEATLEY, as Unpluggered Podcast discuss his unusual journey to AFL football, and THAT 1997 season.

MORE: https://unpluggered.captivate.fm/episode/jekyll-hyde-ft-jason-heatley

Also available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and wherever you get your podcasts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back