Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Steele was just as much of a liability as Max King last night.

He is an inspirational leader and a joy to watch but in the second half last night he had zero desire to impact the contest. His side is playing for a spot in September and he spent the entire last quarter with the game on the line jogging up and down the wings avoiding the drop zone.

I'd have to think he's injured or sick, otherwise I don't know what excuse he'd have for that performance.
cost me my supercoach prelim
lost by 7 points
because i kept 2 trades for the granny, just in case
oh, well
i'm a Freo supporter
we get over things (except matthew nicholls 4 the norm smith in 2013!)

He is an inspirational leader and a joy to watch but in the second half last night he had zero desire to impact the contest. His side is playing for a spot in September and he spent the entire last quarter with the game on the line jogging up and down the wings avoiding the drop zone.

I'd have to think he's injured or sick, otherwise I don't know what excuse he'd have for that performance.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't ill, he played poorly the whole game. Even his tackling, while good numbers, wasn't ferocious.

He’s carried that team for about three years.

On Fri night he probably watched Brad Hill - on more money than Steele has been for those three years - once again fail to get a kick in one part of the ground. Then when moved to half back to try and get a touch, completely fail to defend his opponent whenever the ball went near him.

Then watched his much-vaunted KPF colleague miss at least three fairly simple set shots in a woeful 0.5 performance when one or two conversions at the right time probably put the game away.

He was probably sick or injured. But if he did just get ******* tired of the s**t he has to deal with then fair enough too.

6pwnbj.jpg

N Daicos = Jake Lloyd.

How many seagull disposals can the guy get in a game or demand cheap handball receives off a mark.

Gets a lot of the ball but also a heck of a lot of cheap disposals.

N Daicos = Jake Lloyd.

How many seagull disposals can the guy get in a game or demand cheap handball receives off a mark.

Gets a lot of the ball but also a heck of a lot of cheap disposals.
Agreed.

The focus on his disposal count is stupid as it is largely irrelevant.

Most are ineffective and easy ones.

However, that's not to say he doesn't use it very well. He does.

He's a gun. And is very valuable - but not quite as valuable as those who obsess over posession count seem to think he is.

Agreed.

The focus on his disposal count is stupid as it is largely irrelevant.

Most are ineffective and easy ones.

However, that's not to say he doesn't use it very well. He does.

He's a gun. And is very valuable - but not quite as valuable as those who obsess over posession count seem to think he is.

Oh no doubt he’s a good player no disputing that but this constant fapping over him is a bit much currently when in reality, a lot of his disposals are cheap and also some kickouts.

If he was pulling these disposals as a pure mid that’s a different story but playing loose flanker majority of the game, calm down channel 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can, it just comes across as incredibly salty after he tore your club a new one whilst your prized recruit couldn’t get near it

Yeah maybe if I made the comment last week it could be perceived that way but I think I have better things to worry about than sit here stewing on it all week and just waiting to comment on him after how rubbish we were last week... They are completely different players that play completely different roles so I’m not going to loose any time comparing them.

Not saying hes not a good player or won’t develop into a top class mid but currently, I see him on par with Lloyd type players off the back half getting some easy disposals. This is over inflating him in the media and so on.

You can, it just comes across as incredibly salty after he tore your club a new one whilst your prized recruit couldn’t get near it
Did the same to us- I love him; brilliant player, playmaker and user of the ball. Freakish for his age. Looks so well established already. Every other team would be rapt to have him as a mid.

Daicos tonight didn't have a lot of impact. The Tigers at times were sitting someone 5-10 metres in front of him which cramped him for space and shut down his attacking moves forward.

Haven’t watched a game, won’t watch one bar a bit of Melbourne if we get up.

I've been like this for a while now.

Not out of protest or anything, I'm just not as into it as I once was.

And when I do decide to watch a game, I usually only last about 10 minutes before I get bored and end up channel surfing and just come back to check the scores occasionally. And if it's close, I'll watch the end.

If I had to summarise my feelings about modern footy, I'd say it's predictable, and too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back