Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think someone said it before, but.. it's better to have the clubs with lower supporters bases doing well. The big clubs will get their members through the turnstiles at a reasonable level regardless, but it's great when the 'smaller' clubs are a on a roll and packing out venues as well.

When the big teams like Collingwood are dominating, they take over so much of the spotlight that it becomes too much. You forget there are other clubs even competing, such is the dominance of the pies et al in the Melbourne media.

Clarkson is an average coach.

Clarkson is like a 70's or 80's rock and roll band.

He had a hit single with his cluster, and turned it into a gold album.

Of course his whole life went into that first album, songs about teenage romance, lost loves & witty observations along with original riffs and a sound that was, well new

Turning out album no.2 in a much shorter time frame with greater expectation is proving a whole lot more difficult.

Of course his whole life went into that first album, songs about teenage romance, lost loves & witty observations along with original riffs and a sound that was, well new

Turning out album no.2 in a much shorter time frame with greater expectation is proving a whole lot more difficult.

Think you are being a tad harsh on him, but that's a funny analogy nonetheless.

The AA team, Rising Star, AFLPA Best Captain and Most Courageous are a complete waste of time. These may actually be popular opinions.
Yep, for a team that plays no one, the selection gets far, far more debate than is warranted, even on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More 1960s really, his stage act is reminiscent of The Who.

Even though Jonathan Brown's highlights reel over the years has looked better than the likes of Warren Tredrea, Barry Hall, Matthew Pavlich and Nick Riewoldt, his individual career has been vastly inferior to all of them.

Ross Lyon is an interesting coach to listen to and gives away a lot more info than most coaches in his inteviews.

I can't think of any sport in the world that directs as much attention to umpiring decisions and their influence on a game and as an AFL fan I'm pretty embarrassed about the level of umpire bashing, it is the domain of nuff nuffs. There is a ball, two teams and 120 odd minutes that decides the outcome of a game, nothing else.

I could not give a rats toss bag about how many interchanges there are per game.

If there were no gambling agencies sponsoring the AFL, 'tanking' would not be a major issue.

I wouldn't mind seeing Melbourne, St Kilda, Footscray or Richmond win a premiership and break their droughts before my club next wins one.

Eddie McGuire's is the biggest hypocrite in Football. if any of the big clubs played the same amount of games at the MCG they would easily draw as good as crowds as Collingwood

40 - 36?

I seen part of the women's game on TV whilst at work, it looked alright, but if a fella's game had finished with that scoreline, the AFL would be in meltdown, and I imagine the full game couldn't have been that good.

40 - 36?

I seen part of the women's game on TV whilst at work, it looked alright, but if a fella's game had finished with that scoreline, the AFL would be in meltdown, and I imagine the full game couldn't have been that good.

20 minute quarters no time on. Close to 40 minutes less time played.

Fair reply, didn't know that. 10 minutes less a quarter is significant.

Yep. Especially when teams start to click and gain momentum, you can have no goals kicked for half a quarter then 4 or 5 kicked in 10-15 minutes in some games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back