Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope this is a troll ...cant be serious

Haha 3 goals not a bad return, I should pot him every week.

I like his passion on the ground, I just don't think he gets enough of it or uses it well enough to warrant a spot on the list long term. The MC obviously know better, and would love to be proved wrong, but I personally just don't think he's got it sadly.

Haha 3 goals not a bad return, I should pot him every week.

I like his passion on the ground, I just don't think he gets enough of it or uses it well enough to warrant a spot on the list long term. The MC obviously know better, and would love to be proved wrong, but I personally just don't think he's got it sadly.
I see enough glimpses to say keep him around and he'll be in the regular 22.
In the past we've been missing run & carry (and footskills) so he's played in defence, but i see DylBucks as more of a forward anyway.

AS Saturday showed us (but has shown us plenty of times before), he has good tackling pressure and can kick like a mule! He is also one of our better kicks outside the 50m line, and isn't scared to have a shot. Too many of our list have been too eager to give it off in/around the forward 50m arc for fear of shot on goal, but finally we have a couple of kids who'll have a crack in Buckley, Silvagni, Sumner, C Curnow, and even Weitering when he goes forward.

... Besides - He's Carlton royalty so he gets extra bonus points!

Kreuzer / Casboult and a swap of 2nd rounders for Tom Boyd with the Doggies paying 30% of his salary.
You want to replace one ordinary player with another ordinary player makes sense :huh:Thought we were trying to improve our side ? Dont want that over rated penny pincher in our side we need real talent .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brent Harvey would be in our best 22 and we should offer him a 1 year deal.

0321959001466711327_filepicker.jpg

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll post here anyway.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am seriously impressed with how Collingwood has finished the back half of the season. Bucks today was quoted as saying that the club has bottomed out, and is now heading back up. I'm inclined to agree. They have produced some great performances since the bye. It must give their supporters a lot of positive energy going into the summer and preseason.

Contrasting their season to ours, I am a bit more than just lightly concerned as we head into summer. The back half of our season was shocking, and ended on a very sour note. I know we are in rebuilding mode, but at this point in time I am struggling to see enough positives to feel good about our upcoming preseason. We have way too many players who are dead wood, not enough depth in our midfield, a non existent forward line, and whilst we do have some shining lights, I don't see them providing enough of a base to build on.

It makes me think that we will be an average football club for many more seasons to come. I can't see us playing finals before 2020, possibly 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back