Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

but ultimately removed someone seeking to change what it meant to be the Carlton football club from where it was to something completely different, and unbeholden to the same masters.

If the background interests never left, if Bolton and Trigg's push to move Carlton into the present was a sham, then the above relationship is one sided and a sham, and you are certainly right that I can walk away. But that is not the fate of many a fan, and that again causes me to ponder, what is a club without a soul?

There's no need to write a ye ol' English novel with each paragraph.

Of course Liddle is responsible for the off field improvement and high memberships. It's his bread and butter and his results at Richmond have so far been observed here.

MLG has done more at CFC than Trigg has. Trigg was never 100% committed after his second year.

We are not a club without a soul. We are a business. The on field performance was unacceptable. Change needed to occur. Change has occurred. Further changes will come shortly.

There's no need to write a ye ol' English novel with each paragraph.

Of course Liddle is responsible for the off field improvement and high memberships. It's his bread and butter and his results at Richmond have so far been observed here.

MLG has done more at CFC than Trigg has. Trigg was never 100% committed after his second year.

We are not a club without a soul. We are a business. The on field performance was unacceptable. Change needed to occur. Change has occurred.
That's as much my issue as anything else. AFL's a business run by businessmen and here I am due to a mixture of brain chemicals and nostalgia.

Judd is nowhere near qualified to be director of football.
Wow, big call....given your an expert in this particular field, could you then provide us with a:
- position description
- key selection criteria
- required qualifications
- measurable outcomes of the position
- best candidate (given Judd apparently isn't)

Obviously you've thought this through...

Should have let Barker go yesterday too. Not sure why only one guy on coaching panel went. The guy that been there the longest should have been first to go.

To much to cover. Let them coach out the year and then get rid of whoever we want gone. Sacking the head coach is a circuit breaker for the whole club and nobody else needs to go. Doesn't achieve anything.

To much to cover. Let them coach out the year and then get rid of whoever we want gone. Sacking the head coach is a circuit breaker for the whole club and nobody else needs to go. Doesn't achieve anything.
They do, if they adding nothing. I have doubted for over a year Barker is adding anything. We made head coach accountable, no reason we could not make the other most senior coaching staff member accountable too given how long he been there and we not got the progression we seek as a club. If we need another body in coaching box for rest of year, make the head of football department be forced to take it on and fill any void for 3 months,

They do, if they adding nothing. I have doubted for over a year Barker is adding anything. We made head coach accountable, no reason we could not make the other most senior coaching staff member accountable too given how long he been there and we not got the progression we seek as a club. If we need another body in coaching box for rest of year, make the head of football department be forced to take it on and fill any void for 3 months,

Just no need for it. You get rid of the head coach for a couple of reasons:
1. Circuit breaker for the club -
2. Release pressure both internally and externely
3. Gives the club time to look at the club/playing list/coaches before making decisions later this year.
4. Gives any coach interested in the job time to look at our playing list (both AFL and VFL)
5. Lastly and almost just as important as any of the above, take all the heat away from the club, we know Bolton wont be coach next year, cut him and let the media focus on another club. We wont be in the news much in a week or 2 times. Cutting Barker doesnt achieve anything except heap more work on others.

3. Gives the club time to look at the club/playing list/coaches before making decisions later this year.
4. Gives any coach interested in the job time to look at our playing list (both AFL and VFL)
5. Lastly and almost just as important as any of the above, take all the heat away from the club, we know Bolton wont be coach next year, cut him and let the media focus on another club. We wont be in the news much in a week or 2 times. Cutting Barker doesnt achieve anything except heap more work on others.

I do not buy the spin. You get rid of coach for one reason only.
It not working for you how you expected it to after a reasonable amount of time. Everything else is just noise.
Barker should have gone too. Keeping him around is not going to do players any favours given the results of time he been here. No loss if cut him now or at the bye. I really hope they part ways with him at the bye.

That last point is huge, I think the constant negative attention will be reduced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s the director of football/list management. He’s portfolio of the club is clearly under performing.

He was also was part of the committee who selected Bolton.

Because he was an absolute champion player doesn’t make him immune from criticism or qualified to help run the football club.
Melbourne had the same messiah complex with Garry Lyon whenever they needed a new coach/wanted to change things and look how that worked out.
Garry Lyon ripped into C judd (on the couch i think) questioning everything bar his parentage. Bordered on vitriolic, just looked and sounded pathetic

Garry Lyon ripped into C judd (on the couch i think) questioning everything bar his parentage. Bordered on vitriolic, just looked and sounded pathetic
I am minded of the Hunger Games - the novels, not the films - and of the past victors. They're wheeled out, every Hunger Games, and forced to live public lives, their every word scrutinised, their 'roles' as protagonist and antagonist forced and enforced over them.

Lyon's career is bound to the AFL and it's arguable that he's similarly trapped, by circumstances economic rather than mortal. He has no possibility of prospects external to the AFL, and now he and they know it. He has less freedom and no privacy than normal people; he will play 'Gary Lyon' until he loses face recognition or via scandal.

I feel sorry for him. His insights are pedestrian, his profile - the only thing he possesses of value - is diminished and growing ever smaller.

I watched that.

So ironic when Lyon himself was in practically the same position as Judd when Melbourne hired Neeld. Lyon was on the panel too.

Neeld was a trainwreck compared to Bolton.

I watched that.

So ironic when Lyon himself was in practically the same position as Judd when Melbourne hired Neeld. Lyon was on the panel too.

Neeld was a trainwreck compared to Bolton.
Judd at least has committed to his role within the club, whereas Lyon flirted with roles within the Dees without ever really committing (ie becoming a distraction) yet his limited input - the hiring of Neeld, was every bit as diabolical as anything that people claim that Judd has done to date.
If we're looking for someone with a credibility problem it's Garry Lyon.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mark Logiudice is doing a quietly fabulous job as Carlton Prez.

david-teague.-1565831386_656x450.jpg

images

Can't help but love the Big Fella,even if he is kinda scary looking at times. But he has been a rock of gilbrator for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back