Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

poor old moods - wakes up feeling low and needs a dog to kick - wrong dog, wrong place, wrong time, wrong thinking - everything else is spot on - like the dalmation I hope you never buy..........
The biggest pom pom cheerleader of the lot. Rumoured to have applied to join the Blue Birds but was rejected because they needed him to toughen up.

I have been listening to excuses for 6 years.
Not sure why you keep going back more than 3 years. No coach would have had us in the 8 in the last 3 years

Sick and tired of excuses. He crossed the line and played. Ultimately he makes the call. From what I saw of him last year, he was very poor. No pace, could not keep up with the play, but more importantly had zero impact on the game. I have seen Cripps on one leg still have an influence.

Pointless comparing Kennedy to Cripps, they are different type of quality. How many Cripps do you see in the league.

I was saying the same about Casboult 4 years ago and the cheerleaders were all telling me what a great mark he was etc etc. We now know the truth.

Levi is a great mark, the stats confirm it. Isn't it amazing that our recruiting department have finally drafted/traded in more than just one KPF?

A smart coach may have tried to resurrect his career, by using his marking strength across the half back line, similar to the way Jones was resurrected. If coaching is underrated, why do they spend millions on a coaching department?

Our football department spend was one of the lowest in the league, that has now been rectified

You need the talent, but the players have to play as part of a team and fit in to the team structures. As for Bolton, I concede his coaching credentials were formidable. I seem to recall that a guy named Mark Neeld had good resume, but ultimately was sacked. He was coaching a poor team, but ultimately the club acknowledged he was not upto it.

Not sure why you would cherry pick the likes of a Neeld. Multiple times now, unless you have the right talent, a coach is limited with the resources he has to have sustained success. Wondering how Sheedy would have been viewed, based solely on his tenure at GWS

BB classes himself as a teacher. After 4 years and a 22% success rate, it could be argued he has achieved an F. Case in point, he needs to unleash Petrevski-Seeton this year and let the kid play. He has phenomenol ability, let him use it.

This is what keeps confusing me, first 6 years, now 4. Let's stick to the facts, Bolton has only coached for 3 years, coached a side that has had a massive transformation, to being extremely inexperienced. If this team, stays relatively fit, in terms of injuries, then I agree, Bolton will have no excuses to fallback on

The biggest pom pom cheerleader of the lot. Rumoured to have applied to join the Blue Birds but was rejected because they needed him to toughen up.
credit for complimenting me after copping a serve, moods - you'll feel heaps better when the incel site is back up......

credit for complimenting me after copping a serve, moods - you'll feel heaps better when the incel site is back up......

They just thought Thy, looked shocking in tights

images

What would there to apologise about and who would you apologise to?

Every opinion is worthwhile if it has some supporting evidence for that opinion and if it's wrong....so what?
Yep.

Only need to apologise if you are rude or similar, not for having an opinion.

We have all been wrong about players in the past, that will never change.

Evidence for your stance is the key, accusations of having an agenda can easily be made without it.

If this rebuild is successful the board deserves more credit than SOS, Bolton and Co.
I think what we have done is pretty simple, completely bottom out guaranteeing we have top end picks and turn any currency into young players and picks. It's the easiest way to bring talent into a club.
What is hard and required though is a united boards backing and seeing it through to the end without taking shortcuts even with all the heat they no doubt have worn.

This is the Unpopular Opinions thread guys. People, such as yours truly, have specifically put a post here for a reason. There is a Positive thread if that's more your go. No offence meant here.
Good point about the thread being appropriate for unpopular opinions. Still not sure that should allow players to be called duds. Doesn’t really open up discussion.

Good point about the thread being appropriate for unpopular opinions. Still not sure that should allow players to be called duds. Doesn’t really open up discussion.
Love your posts BlueGum. They're always bright and positive, but you're complaining about someone calling a player "a dud". Really??? Fair to say we're a bloody long way from a never-ending tirade of four letter adjectives here aren't we???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this rebuild is successful the board deserves more credit than SOS, Bolton and Co.
I think what we have done is pretty simple, completely bottom out guaranteeing we have top end picks and turn any currency into young players and picks. It's the easiest way to bring talent into a club.
What is hard and required though is a united boards backing and seeing it through to the end without taking shortcuts even with all the heat they no doubt have worn.
Right, but if it weren't for shrewd trading and deals by SOS and co.

We'd only have 1 first round pick for each of the last 4 drafts. Instead (from memory) we have more first rounders on the list than any other team bar GWS.

So the level and spread of talent could have been much thinner.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've always battled with the negative opinion where the Blues are involved, as my preference is sunshine and lollipops. We have been a mostly awful side for a long time though, so positivity needs to be counterbalanced with criticism and questioning at all times. Don't want another false dawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back