Unpopular Carlton Opinions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doro

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
I've always battled with the negative opinion where the Blues are involved, as my preference is sunshine and lollipops. We have been a mostly awful side for a long time though, so positivity needs to be counterbalanced with criticism and questioning at all times. Don't want another false dawn.

Doro

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Robust discussion. Why assume the club is doing everything right without question, when the form says otherwise? I like where our list is, but we just won 2 games -there needs to be balance to the rainbow prophecies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants, Man U
I've never understood that term: incel. It kinda sounds like it should be a slur, but is it?

Can someone please explain for this poor old sod.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Incel means involuntarily celebate and it's a term to describe someone who... nah ****nit it's too complicated just google it.

Wickzki

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PDX Blazers, Angels, Patriots, MCFC
How can you call yourself a CEO of an organisation and not know how to spell the name of one of your most important 40-or-so employee's names?

#SackLiddlePiddle

/s

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
How can you call yourself a CEO of an organisation and not know how to spell the name of one of your most important 40-or-so employee's names?

#SackLiddlePiddle

/s
Surely it was a typo and because it's not a common name, the red squiggle was ignored

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Not overjoyed Barker still with us. Hopefully he adding something to the mix that I cannot see yet.

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Being competitive is a given, a non-negotiable. I see merit in young players developing naturally in the VFL, especially 1st/2nd year players

But, in 2019, I would rather win 6-7 games with a core group of young players, with just a sprinkling of senior players, than win 9-10 with our most senior side.

If, a senior player, is considerably ahead of his younger counterpart, so be it, but if it is marginal, I would rather see the younger player selected.

LemmingMaster

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Being competitive is a given, a non-negotiable. I see merit in young players developing naturally in the VFL, especially 1st/2nd year players

But, in 2019, I would rather win 6-7 games with a core group of young players, with just a sprinkling of senior players, than win 9-10 with our most senior side.

If, a senior player, is considerably ahead of his younger counterpart, so be it, but if it is marginal, I would rather see the younger player selected.
I would love to be in a position where that is an option. Last year, our injury management was terrible and players were getting games because we had nobody else to select.

Player like Lang, Bugg, Goddard, Kennedy.... They are the style of names for different reasons may get games to potentially protect some of our younger guys until they're ready.

Top Bottom