Unpopular Carlton Opinions

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Inspired by the thread on the Main Board and GD Board, I thought I would start one in a Carlton-related only form.

Post some controversial Carlton Related opinions (positive or negative) that wouldn't be too popular amongst the other Carlton fans. Let's fire up, I'd like to see some opinionated posters clash (fairly).

I'll start:
  • We have a good coach and game plan, but our list is still 4+ years off finals
  • We will go backwards in 2017 and may win the spoon
  • Murphy is still ok but is too small and will become less and less dominant as big midfielders continue to get drafted
  • The pick 7 for Jaksch + 19 trade will be an ultimate bust
  • Ratts was a good coach and with the right guidance and development programs he could have taken our B grade team to a Prelim or GF.
  • Our club is going nowhere until we put a mammoth amount of effort into our VFL system.
  • Cripps will be as good as Fyfe - injuries permitting
  • Boekhorst has the potential to be an AA wingman/HF
  • I hate Essendon with a passion, but they have copped their whack and I would like to see them challenging us for number 17 again.

Jul 23, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
We need to go out a pick up a young big key forward (Hogan, Patton, Lynch) to help lift the team ala Judd. I know everyone is against a 'quick fix' but having a forward line develop at a slower rate than the midfield and backline will hinder our chances of ever being contenders

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Inspired by the thread on the Main Board and GD Board, I thought I would start one in a Carlton-related only form.

Post some controversial Carlton Related opinions (positive or negative) that wouldn't be too popular amongst the other Carlton fans. Let's fire up, I'd like to see some opinionated posters clash (fairly).

I'll start:
  • We have a good coach and game plan, but our list is still 4+ years off finals: 2 years
  • We will go backwards in 2017 and may win the spoon: No, about where we are now.
  • Murphy is still ok but is too small and will become less and less dominant as big midfielders continue to get drafted. Is playing an outside role as we need good ball users and his should is cactus.. That will continue.
  • The pick 7 for Jaksch + 19 trade will be an ultimate bust. I am concerned. But how does Boek become an AA wingman and the trade called a bust?
  • Ratts was a good coach and with the right guidance and development programs he could have taken our B grade team to a Prelim or GF. Not with the admin we had and the internal fighting and undermining.
  • Our club is going nowhere until we put a mammoth amount of effort into our VFL system. It will help.
  • Cripps will be as good as Fyfe - injuries permitting. No
  • Boekhorst has the potential to be an AA wingman/HF. Potential maybe. Unlikely.
  • I hate Essendon with a passion, but they have copped their whack and I would like to see them challenging us for number 17 again. They are killing the comp and should have been deregistered but now look like getting rewarded. * them.

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Fev is the club's greatest player of the 21st Century (so far)
It was absolutely the right call to get rid of Waite, McLean, Robinson.
The Politics at this club at board level in the past 25 years have ruined this club far more so than any individual coach or coaches.
Etihad Stadium is an absolute monstrosity of an venue for home games, the sooner we move to the G or back to PP for a few boutique games against Interstate clubs the better.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Stand alone isn't the issue.

s**t support of the affiliate is.

Bolts knows the importance of a quality seconds side, things will change there.
I think the support will only increase if they can have even more control over it, and thats why there could be a bit of a stalemate there.

Why not? If everyone appreciates that their opinion is unpopular and is open to hearing why, then it should be fine.
So my opinion was unpopular.

#amidoingitright?

Sort of dragging the same arguments out of other threads and putting them into the one thread but if you guys don't mind possibly disjointed arguments, then go for it.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
- Weitering will be the first and only one of our #1 picks to fulfill their potential

- I like watching games at Etihad

- The cleaner, rounder CFC monogram is way better than the one we've reverted back to now

- Our baby blue clash jumpers looked good

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Murphy won't be at Carlton by the time the 66 game rebuild finishes, so the 2019 season, but Gibbs likely will (unless he is traded). I just worry Murphy is losing his run which has always been his best asset.

If the fixtures don't give Carlton a game in Adelaide next year, they should sell one to the Adelaide oval (if they are allowed) to give the SA fans something to get excited about AND make some cashola. Should probably do it even if there is a game in Adelaide.
Logical Comments Thread

Back