Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

how come, doro?

Robust discussion. Why assume the club is doing everything right without question, when the form says otherwise? I like where our list is, but we just won 2 games -there needs to be balance to the rainbow prophecies.

I've never understood that term: incel. It kinda sounds like it should be a slur, but is it?

Can someone please explain for this poor old sod.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Incel means involuntarily celebate and it's a term to describe someone who... nah *nit it's too complicated just google it.

sceptical is one thing - some of the s**t in this thread is off the charts negative gearing........
Only on new opinions, existing opinions are grandfathered

How can you call yourself a CEO of an organisation and not know how to spell the name of one of your most important 40-or-so employee's names?

#SackLiddlePiddle

/s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you call yourself a CEO of an organisation and not know how to spell the name of one of your most important 40-or-so employee's names?

#SackLiddlePiddle

/s
Surely it was a typo and because it's not a common name, the red squiggle was ignored

Being competitive is a given, a non-negotiable. I see merit in young players developing naturally in the VFL, especially 1st/2nd year players

But, in 2019, I would rather win 6-7 games with a core group of young players, with just a sprinkling of senior players, than win 9-10 with our most senior side.

If, a senior player, is considerably ahead of his younger counterpart, so be it, but if it is marginal, I would rather see the younger player selected.

Being competitive is a given, a non-negotiable. I see merit in young players developing naturally in the VFL, especially 1st/2nd year players

But, in 2019, I would rather win 6-7 games with a core group of young players, with just a sprinkling of senior players, than win 9-10 with our most senior side.

If, a senior player, is considerably ahead of his younger counterpart, so be it, but if it is marginal, I would rather see the younger player selected.

I would love to be in a position where that is an option. Last year, our injury management was terrible and players were getting games because we had nobody else to select.

Player like Lang, Bugg, Goddard, Kennedy.... They are the style of names for different reasons may get games to potentially protect some of our younger guys until they're ready.

1. We are highly likely to finish bottom 3.
2. We could come to massively regret the live trade we completed.
3. Bolton needs some more help around him to clearly define the team concept. It looked like our defensive structures from the forwards, midfield and backline was a mess.
4. Lang and Kennedy are looking closer to busts than helpful players.
5. We lack a little speed in our team and need to address this in the coming years.

1. We are highly likely to finish bottom 3.
2. We could come to massively regret the live trade we completed.
3. Bolton needs some more help around him to clearly define the team concept. It looked like our defensive structures from the forwards, midfield and backline was a mess.
4. Lang and Kennedy are looking closer to busts than helpful players.
5. We lack a little speed in our team and need to address this in the coming years.

1. I think we are highly likely to finish bottom 6. It is far to narrow to say highly likely bottom 3 imo.
2. Yes we could. But equally, we may not.
3. Yes he does. Barker as Head of Strategy was his usual fail imo. He and Bolton had a poor year stategy wise. Injuries killed us as we all know, but their strategy year was still poor. Barker has now been removed from Strategy. Dunno who is replacing him exactly, maybe Bolton is taking ownership.
4. Agree with Lang. Disagree with Kennedy. Lang, Cunningham, Garlett and maybe Pickett are looking like the busts imo. Which is a worry leading into Point 5 ie pace.
5. Yes we do.

I'm the opposite. Would rather we pick our best team to win every week and let young guys who aren't ready play and importantly WIN together in the 2s.

I'm the opposite. Would rather we pick our best team to win every week and let young guys who aren't ready play and importantly WIN together in the 2s.

I don't disagree with that, it is why I stated that if a senior player is considerably ahead of one of the younger guys, pick the senior player, but it is only marginal, select youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back