Opinion Unpopular Collingwood opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's more that I miss playing soccer.. naturally a competitive beast and keeping active. I tried a free salsa lesson.. loved it.. been doing it on and off for 2 yrs now.
I heard you're almost at Lionel messi level?

Rumour has it, if not for Davoren you would be Messi or is it messy?

:p

They're hot.. can't sing for s**t though.

I don't play competitive soccer any more.. a 36 yr old running around trying to keep up with 20 yr olds.. forget it. Body has had enough mate.
They are super hot aren't they. ridiculously catch tune that too. Play futsal then mate. I'm in my 40's now and my body is trashed from AFL but I can still have a crack at a game of futsal. In fact it's more fun than outdoor if you ask me... I just lurk in the forward half and smash in goals with my canon right foot.. my shots go mach 3 like they've been shot out of an electromagnetic rail gun... means I don't have to run much... which is nice

They are super hot aren't they. ridiculously catch tune that too. Play futsal then mate. I'm in my 40's now and my body is trashed from AFL but I can still have a crack at a game of futsal. In fact it's more fun than outdoor if you ask me... I just lurk in the forward half and smash in goals with my canon right foot.. my shots go mach 3 like they've been shot out of an electromagnetic rail gun... means I don't have to run much... which is nice

Futsal i don't mind.. but I can't be bothered playing with mates who are s**t kickers. Unless I can get a group together that's talented.. forget it.

I think he has the chance to be. He has been creulled this year by the 4 games he played in. The Doggies game 1st round was a frantic affair with poor skills and congested play where all the big men struggled. The other 3 games he played in were wet matches again tough conditions for big men. I would like to see what he does in better conditions.

He is an inexperienced big forward and these guys always need a bit of time as it's a steep learning curve. People forget he really got ahead of the curve for a while there and that changes expectations. His AFL numbers are actually pretty good when you compare him to what all our top AFL KPFs put up early days in their careers. He is currently putting up good numbers in the VFL playing exactly the role of a KPF doing a bit of ruck relief. He is learning to get to more contests.

Also I don't buy the idea he somehow hurts Grundy performance. We are not forced to play him in the ruck any more than Darcy currently does. Grundy needs some chop out and it doesn't matter if it's Cox or Moore providing it.
Explain this then Grundy playing with Moore/White as the second ruck across 7 games averages 41 hitouts and 20.7 disposals with Cox he averages 31.7 hitouts and 14.2 disposals. Grundy clearly has less of an impact when Cox plays and it is because he is incapable of drawing the ball as a forward so they are forced to run him for extended times through the ruck to get involved in the game

He does average less than 2 contested marks per game but then again there are only 12 players in the AFL in 2017 who average 2 or more and there were only 13 who did that in 2016
That just emphasises why he is so poor as a forward the fact that he doesn't lead up and draw uncontested marks instead just trying to take contested marks something he can only manage to do about once a game

So he is a 21 year old key forward in his third year who is 6th in the league for contested marks and 11th for marks inside 50 and his form is no good?
You do realise what thread is for, not what you believed in.

That just emphasises why he is so poor as a forward the fact that he doesn't lead up and draw uncontested marks instead just trying to take contested marks something he can only manage to do about once a game
His numbers are acceptable for a player of his experience. He has some good tools. I dont understand why people want to put such definite ceilings on him when he has already progressed well and has yet to play in favourable conditions in 2017. He is getting to the ball in the VFL, inexperienced players like him learn to get to more contests as their experience grows

His numbers are acceptable for a player of his experience. He has some good tools. I dont understand why people want to put such definite ceilings on him when he has already progressed well and has yet to play in favourable conditions in 2017. He is getting to the ball in the VFL, inexperienced players like him learn to get to more contests as their experience grows
ANZAC day was the only wet game he played in

ANZAC day was the only wet game he played in
Carlton was damp and cold, some rain and slippery. 12 to 8 goals for the day. Not a great day for big guys. Moore and Cox 1 goal each, Casboult 2 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We paid too much for Treloar and shouldn't have recruited him and DeGoey. Well I mean we shouldn't have invested pick 5, 7 and 7 on two mids.
I think if you find the median of the three, Treloar was probably about right.

Totally agree r.e De Goey. He's still yet to convince me, not saying he wont, but we didn't need another vanilla mid.

KPP were, and still are, a priority for us.

I think if you find the median of the three, Treloar was probably about right.

Totally agree r.e De Goey. He's still yet to convince me, not saying he wont, but we didn't need another vanilla mid.

KPP were, and still are, a priority for us.
We paid more for Treloar than Geelong did for Danger we should have held firm and given a first and a second but that's it. DeGoey I rate him but to me he is a prime example of our haphazard approach to recruiting, it doesn't strike me that we have a clear plan.

With getting Moore in 2014 and obviously we couldn't predict how quickly Cloke would fall away it made sense recruiting DeGoey as long as in the next year or two we would target a key forward with our first pick. But if we were planning to throw the kitchen sink after Treloar we should have taken Wright.

Just because it was a s**t game doesn't give him an out. He may make it as a ruck elsewhere but he won't be at Collingwood long term
As this thread says this is for unpopular opinions. Most posters won't agree with me, I am on my own with this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back