Opinion Unpopular Collingwood opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hine is overrated his inability to recruit KKPs and his reluctance to invest in them have hindered our club
Do you think this is an unpopular view?

Well yes I do, he seems to have the support of the faithful
Seems a very common opinion often mentioned on the board. Hine has been criticised a lot in recent seasons is my feeling.

Sinclair is probably the luckiest bloke in the AFL to still be on a list. His effort is 100% but i dont rate him. Played 60 games in this being his 7th season and maybe played 3-5 that i would say were good. Club should have cut its losses in 2014 at MAX

Sinclair is probably the luckiest bloke in the AFL to still be on a list. His effort is 100% but i dont rate him. Played 60 games in this being his 7th season and maybe played 3-5 that i would say were good. Club should have cut its losses in 2014 at MAX

Disagree, unhindered by injury I think Sinclair would likely be ranked up there with Pittard and Johannisen as a rebounding defender, only with better 1v1 defensive ability.

Interesting that you think this, because last night on the footy shows I watched, Pendles was being lauded for his leadership on Sunday.

In the past I might have agreed with you, but I think he has grown into the captaincy, and he wouldn't be the first captain to do so (Bucks anyone?).

The other thing about Pendles this year - he has had some ordinary games, but his best games have been better and more influential than his good games of previous years (if that makes sense).

Is this an unpopular opinion or you dislike an unpopular opinion? Please keep to the forum rules. Jks

Is this an unpopular opinion or you dislike an unpopular opinion? Please keep to the forum rules. Jks

I was responding to a post, which expressed an unpopular opinion. Wasn't aware that responses were not allowed in this thread.

It was Melbourne's fresher legs (as well as some s**t umpiring in the end) that caused us to lose yesterday. Sure, we made a few mistakes and we have a couple of defensive liabilities (I'm looking at you Smith and Langdon), but the trip to Perth last week combined with Melbourne having a bye is what caused us to be outplayed in the second half.

Scharenberg should be traded at year's end as I believe his projected potential will be higher than the ceiling he actually gets to. Look to get a late 1st rounder for him and use in an area we lack talent. Howe more than has him covered down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scharenberg should be traded at year's end as I believe his projected potential will be higher than the ceiling he actually gets to. Look to get a late 1st rounder for him and use in an area we lack talent. Howe more than has him covered down back.
With the number of years he's been in the system and with his injury record, if we don't give him significant game exposure this year we will be lucky to get a late second rounder for him.

Disagree, unhindered by injury I think Sinclair would likely be ranked up there with Pittard and Johannisen as a rebounding defender, only with better 1v1 defensive ability.
thats where you're going wrong.
said it before, say it again.. NOT having a body that enables you to stay on the park and actually play footy is a drastically under-rated player flaw on this board. He also doesn;t have the high-end games of a Brad Dick or Rusling either that might make retaining on the list a good idea. 60 games in 7 years says it all. and 50 of them would've been very average games at that.

In a once-off match Collingwood could beat any side in the afl this year.
Footscray did this last season for 4 weeks when it counted.This year is one very strange season as to who will win.

Whoever makes finals can win it. Most even year I can remember + Week Off = Very Possible.

With hawks winning last night (as much as i don't rate them this year) no game from here can be penciled in. While with crows losing and others turning to s**t none can be written off either. Just got to win 7 more than gear up. Really is that simple this year.

John Wren was a crook

With the number of years he's been in the system and with his injury record, if we don't give him significant game exposure this year we will be lucky to get a late second rounder for him.

If someone offered you pick #18, would you do it? Just can't see how we can play him and Howe in the same team.

I dunno how unpopular this will be but both Langdon and Smith are absolutely garbage. Smith is Probably a huge part of the reason why I miss having Sinclair so much.

Go very unpopular and I think Bucks has coached OK the last few weeks. With Elliot out and Wells and Varcoe what really could be done? Maybe move Reid forward but when he did that they loaded up with Trengove, Ryder and Dickson up forward.

Kudos to Bucks for reinventing the game plan without a key forward but wasn't sustainable today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back