Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Erosion of the KFCBBL city name since S1 to now what people refer to as the nickname.

I go for (the) Scorchers
Official known as Perth Scorchers but these days majortorily known as just Scorchers

South African teams have also undergone the same snip. Although theyve done it for their rugby teams before

Erosion of the KFCBBL city name since S1 to now what people refer to as the nickname.

I go for (the) Scorchers
Official known as Perth Scorchers but these days majortorily known as just Scorchers

South African teams have also undergone the same snip. Although theyve done it for their rugby teams before

I always deliberately say Hobart, because we don't have Hurricanes.

The beer or outside temp

The temp I should have specified.

The day we won our last GF, I was four stubbies deep by the time they presented our captain with the trophy - ie. long enough for the sides to have shaken hands, walked off the field, said 'f*** yeah' a few times and had a quick dart.

At a guess 9 of the 10 drunkest nights I've had since uni have come after a long day in a cricket field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a completely unnecessary change to the terminology of the game. I've never once heard anyone male, female or otherwise complain about the word 'batsman' yet 'batter' has been forced upon us. Michael Clarke says it more than Shane Warne says 'cherry'.

Are Goldstein, Gawn, Naitanui etc. going to be called 'ruckers' now we have a Women's AFL? I'm OK with centreman fading from the vernacular because people just stopped referring to midfielders as rovers, ruck rovers etc. because they are all pretty much one and the same now. Most clubs have a best clubman award, too. Is that OK?

Ruckmen will be shortened to rucks not ruckers. You know, like it has been for quite some time. I can't see how it will impact your enjoyment of the game for people to use the word ruck or batter.

I don't consider following the Scorchers a whole lot different to following WA in the Matador Cup/Sheffield Shield. It's only Melb/Syd where the distinction matters. The original Big Bash was just the states anyway.

Yeah we have orange instead of gold and a couple of extra players but it's not like I was ever going to start following Hobart or Adelaide or something.

pietersen and coach boof in kfcBBL commentary box is uncomfortable

I doubt that opinion is that unpopular. Lehmann in particular was only confirming that he was the flog that most people already think he is.

I was more uncomfortable with the timing for both of them, particularly Lehmann on Monday night. Your team has just lost cos your batsmen failed for the second game in a row - go and do some ******* coaching rather instead of increasing your personal exposure and wallet by commentating on ch10.

I doubt that opinion is that unpopular. Lehmann in particular was only confirming that he was the flog that most people already think he is.

I was more uncomfortable with the timing for both of them, particularly Lehmann on Monday night. Your team has just lost cos your batsmen failed for the second game in a row - go and do some ******* coaching rather instead of increasing your personal exposure and wallet by commentating on ch10.

Pietersen on last night was also not the best timing given the stars are still in the mix for top spot. I think it kinda sums up the tournament. Its fun, flashy, cameras everywhere, players can talk to commentators during the game (would be interesting if odds happen to be supplied to micd up players wouldnt it? haha)

What's the next revolution of cricket ?

We've had T20 introduced in recent years
Channel 9 like to get home viewers involved and regularly do viewer vote polls about certain situations during games
Channel 10 like to mike up players and chat to them during games

How long until they start doing "home viewer" games (even as just exhibitions) where the home viewer is invited to decide a team lineup, who comes in to bat next, who bowls etc ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back