(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix loses a lot of momentum by chucking Love Like a Sunset (I&II) in at track 4. Overall it's pretty dull and could be about half the length. Also have no idea why Lasso hasn't got a 'finishing' chorus after the instrumental section. I know they do it live, but I think they really missed out structuring it that way. It's such a great pop hook and they don't milk it for all it's worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoos

Bruncher
Mar 9, 2007
way over yonder
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cheddar AFC
The only song i remember of theirs is that mtv song (it isnt even about mtv though)

Can we all admit that jommy barnes is s**t s**t s**t?
That's "Money For Nothing". It used to annoy the s**t out of me when it first came out. Never liked it. I also thought the guitar riff was a bit close to the Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

I agree about Jimmy Barnes.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
Cold Chisel are s**t.
Jimmy Barnes needs to stfu.
Midnight oil are s**t.
Dire straits are s**t.
Loved Cold Chisel but when Jimmy went solo it was like a screamfest which I didn't enjoy, apart from one song which I love . Dire Straits not big on apart from Telegraph Road and Brothers In Arms
Loved the first few Oils albums

nicky

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Loved Cold Chisel but when Jimmy went solo it was like a screamfest which I didn't enjoy, apart from one song which I love . Dire Straits not big on apart from Telegraph Road and Brothers In Arms
Loved the first few Oils albums

YES, Jimmy screams far too much.

I will get around to listening to Dire Straits one of these days.

Top Bottom