Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
It's part of a great album though.
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.

Last edited:

Hoos

Bruncher
Mar 9, 2007
Down there by the train
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cheddar AFC
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.
I don't care for Whitlock's voice either. What makes the album for me is the presence of Brother Duane Allman. I personally hold him in higher esteem than Clapton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Songs For the Deaf is overrated. Far too much filler, and some of the longer songs are unnecessary and boring.

Rated R is the perfect QOTSA LP.

adammania9

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Very comparable to The Chats’ release of ‘Smoko’ and other bloke/bogan-themed songs. ‘Smoko’ was an amusing chime but that’s it, you’ve had your 15 minutes now get out of my ears because the gimmick is old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deathray

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Very comparable to The Chats’ release of ‘Smoko’ and other bloke/bogan-themed songs. ‘Smoko’ was an amusing chime but that’s it, you’ve had your 15 minutes now get out of my ears because the gimmick is old.
I mistakenly thought they were a joke as well based of this one song. They’re actually pretty great and carrying on a fine oz garage sound.

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
I also would've thought that they were a one-off novelty, but Pub Feed was a decent track as well. I wasn't so hot on Identity Theft though. Time will tell I guess.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Ronnie James Dio was Black Sabbath’s best frontman
Best vocalist by a country mile, but Ozzy is a legendary frontman.

Unpopular opinion: Yes are my favourite prog rock band, not Pink Floyd. I wouldn't ridicule Pink Floyd's technical abilities, but Yes had some peerless musicians (Squire, Howe, Bruford, Wakeman).

EDIT: I also find Jon Anderson a more engaging vocalist than Roger Waters in particular.

Last edited:

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
even though i disagreed with this forever, I now think 70s disco music has dated a lot better than punk music and much much better than most 80s music especially the synth stuff

Top Bottom