Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was a Marty Friedman solo I believe, think he was in the band for the whole 90s or thereabouts so you're probably talking about him. He could shred as well like a motherf***er, great guitar player, ended up living in Japan and playing pop music I believe.

Apparently Marty wanted to continue down the Risk direction.

Didn’t mind Risk, bit uneven but some good songs across pop rock to metal.

Metallica are a metal band influenced by other metal bands, but Dave seems to have more variety of influence, from punk to rock n roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree 100%.

I'm about to purchase The Kinks: Songs Of The Semi-detached. It's had some pretty good press and I want to add to my Kinks biographies.
I hadn't heard of that book before now but having read a couple of reviews it looks an interesting read. Apparently it sets the songs against the backdrop of post-war Britain. Kinks songs were full of social commentary.

I dont have much too add other than anything non instrumental and pop 'stars' that dont write their own music or lyrics are complete trash and I wont give them, their followers and the pathetic money driven pieces of s**t commercial radio stations one second of my time.

I hadn't heard of that book before now but having read a couple of reviews it looks an interesting read. Apparently it sets the songs against the backdrop of post-war Britain. Kinks songs were full of social commentary.
No band has had a better lyricist, IMHO.

It's genuinely eye opening how well The Kinks material stands up to their more revered contemporaries. Pete Townshend once said in an interview, "I exalt Ray Davies!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he lives in the Beatles shadow a bit (who doesn't?)

But no doubt he is an all time great songwriter.
I only rate Dylan higher as a songwriter.

I'm biased but I much prefer The Kinks to The Beatles. And I really like The Beatles.

Almost all metal is better with clean vocals

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

A while ago I would have agreed but I've certainly gotten into the more brutal metal over the years and good growls really do add something to metal. Once you can get into growls it opens up so much more good metal for you to enjoy, thank god I got into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back