Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually live vicariously through the piles of unread books I have sitting around the place (can one really live vicariously through an inanimate object? Anyway...) cos they make me feel like more of an intellectual than even my sick spotify playlists do, but in this case I was very much being tongue in cheek, in what I thought was an obvious, ridiculously stupid way.

Sorry for doing so.

xoxo

Fiona Horne was never attractive to me. Not sure why she was seen as some mega babe. She probably stunk too.

I couldn't agree more with this.

One of the great cases of someone being famous for being famous.

As a musician she was 'that witch who was in a band' and as a musician she was 'from a band that never really had any success but did you know she's a witch?'

'Oh and she posed nude.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kashmir isn't that great of a song. I like the experimentation but it's pretty average and waaay too long

This opinion has some merit but it's over saturation at sporting events etc make it worse.

It's popular and highly rated because it encapsulates the hugeness of the Led Zeppelin sound probably better than any other song bar maybe When The Levee Breaks. It's a simple but huge riff, the drums are very powerful too.

Looks like we've got a sub-theme going.

That's the Way > all their other songs.
III has some real gems on it - That's The Way as mentioned is brilliant, but Tangerine I like even more and top of both is Gallows Pole. All great pieces.

III has some real gems on it

It sure does - including those you mention. I was really surprised when I heard III after growing up on II and IV how much I liked it. I think it would easily be the one I listen to the most. OF the first four it feels the most human and personal ... something of a relief in contrast to the bombast (and enjoyable bombast) of the other three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back