Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

The only song i remember of theirs is that mtv song (it isnt even about mtv though)

Can we all admit that jommy barnes is s**t s**t s**t?
That's "Money For Nothing". It used to annoy the s**t out of me when it first came out. Never liked it. I also thought the guitar riff was a bit close to the Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

I agree about Jimmy Barnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold Chisel are s**t.
Jimmy Barnes needs to stfu.
Midnight oil are s**t.
Dire straits are s**t.
Loved Cold Chisel but when Jimmy went solo it was like a screamfest which I didn't enjoy, apart from one song which I love . Dire Straits not big on apart from Telegraph Road and Brothers In Arms
Loved the first few Oils albums

Loved Cold Chisel but when Jimmy went solo it was like a screamfest which I didn't enjoy, apart from one song which I love . Dire Straits not big on apart from Telegraph Road and Brothers In Arms
Loved the first few Oils albums

YES, Jimmy screams far too much.

I will get around to listening to Dire Straits one of these days.

I can rattle off several more popular tunes they had.

I read several years ago how TDH was more underrated than truly appreciated.

I hated it because of its commercial sound and that it meant the end of rockandroll midnight oil.

I hated it because of its commercial sound and that it meant the end of rockandroll midnight oil.
I don't like to bag them as I love a lot of their stuff, but from around that time I thought their stuff [including The Dead Heart] became more bland rather than commercial. Maybe both o_O - but I'm with ya re 'the end of rockandroll'

Well...I like older stuff. Just off the top of my head:

The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Free, Cream, The Doors, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers Band, Deep Purple, The Faces, The Black Crowes...and that's not counting solo acts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back