Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavy metal is more than noise, and metal musicians are talented in their own right.
An opinion only those too shallow of the mind or who lack any understanding of what can be considered art hold that belief.

It's fine to not like it, but only idiots say they aren't talented.

An opinion only those too shallow of the mind or who lack any understanding of what can be considered art hold that belief.

It's fine to not like it, but only idiots say they aren't talented.
He said that heavy metal is MORE than noise. And said that metal musicians are talented. Maybe read it again.

He said that heavy metal is MORE than noise. And said that metal musicians are talented. Maybe read it again.
Maybe read mine again mate. I may have worded it like a ponce, but it's there. Maybe just read the last sentence thoroughly.

Taylor Swift is an absolutely bog average singer and it was a huge mistake to feature Brandon Urie on her trash new single, because that guy is an absolute beast and he makes her look completely second rate.

If you're artist name starts with 'lil' then you automatically suck. It wasn't cool when Lil'Bow Wow did it and it isn't cool now.

Mainstream music has never been worse (this might not be so unpopular). Recently found a playlist of hits I made in 2008 (one that was mostly top 10 songs form that year at some point). There was a proper spread of genres and it didn't all sound like it was produced by the same person. Whether the best songs from that year are better than the best ones from now isn't the argument, it's the spread throughout a mix of over 50 songs that highlights the greater depth in diversity.

Yeah I've never understood the Taylor Swift thing. She is the only long-running pop star who has never appealed to me or produced a respectable banger. Virtually every other maligned figure has done this at some point, but I don't give a crap about any of her output. Her success puzzles me.

2009-10 was certainly a dip in chart singles, when that crappy club thing was totally dominant. 2012 was also putrid, and 2019 has been very weak as well.

Yeah I've never understood the Taylor Swift thing. She is the only long-running pop star who has never appealed to me or produced a respectable banger. Virtually every other maligned figure has done this at some point, but I don't give a crap about any of her output. Her success puzzles me.

2009-10 was certainly a dip in chart singles, when that crappy club thing was totally dominant. 2012 was also putrid, and 2019 has been very weak as well.

I guess she's easily marketable.

Plus the mainstream don't always have good tastes.

Paul Kelly‘s music is incredibly bland and uninspiring and doesn’t deserve the amount of fawning over it that it receives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's because (guitarist here) he finger-picks the strings, which is really really rare for rock guitar. It means totally different right hand movements - because you then use your fingers (individually) to play each string, as opposed to the thumb and the wrist which really dominates when using a pick. It also means that me can switch between strings very, very, very rapidly.
Lyndsey Buckingham: Hold my beer!

Dark Side Of The Moon doesn’t do much for me. It’s not that I’m anti-Pink Floyd; I love Wish You Were Here, and The Wall is in my top five albums ever but I don’t exactly go on a trip when I listen to DSOTM and no song besides Money is super memorable to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
While I love dsotm, I kind of understand some of the criticism. It's a very 'easy to digest' and simple album in spite of the experimentation and subject matter.

While I love dsotm, I kind of understand some of the criticism. It's a very 'easy to digest' and simple album in spite of the experimentation and subject matter.

It’s surprisingly punchy, and the longer songs don’t drag either.

WYWH doesn’t have the same effect, and takes multiple listens though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back