Unpopular Musical Opinions

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
It's part of a great album though.
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.
I don't care for Whitlock's voice either. What makes the album for me is the presence of Brother Duane Allman. I personally hold him in higher esteem than Clapton.

Picket Palace’s song about Tippimgwuti was rubbish attempt at gaining notoriety, and they’ve backed this up with songs about Richo and Andy Maher. 🤢

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
PIL are ****ing awesome.

iknow

593BE931-6E51-4ED4-BA89-2633B319CE8E.jpeg

Deathray

All Australian
Oct 7, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Very comparable to The Chats’ release of ‘Smoko’ and other bloke/bogan-themed songs. ‘Smoko’ was an amusing chime but that’s it, you’ve had your 15 minutes now get out of my ears because the gimmick is old.
I mistakenly thought they were a joke as well based of this one song. They’re actually pretty great and carrying on a fine oz garage sound.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I also would've thought that they were a one-off novelty, but Pub Feed was a decent track as well. I wasn't so hot on Identity Theft though. Time will tell I guess.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
The original version of Killing Me Softly by Lori Lieberman is the best version and is more heartfelt than Roberta Flack's cover and shits all over Lauryn Hill with The Fugees.

Apparently relates to the song American Pie by Don McLean somehow.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Ronnie James Dio was Black Sabbath’s best frontman

Best vocalist by a country mile, but Ozzy is a legendary frontman.

Unpopular opinion: Yes are my favourite prog rock band, not Pink Floyd. I wouldn't ridicule Pink Floyd's technical abilities, but Yes had some peerless musicians (Squire, Howe, Bruford, Wakeman).

EDIT: I also find Jon Anderson a more engaging vocalist than Roger Waters in particular.

Last edited:
Back