Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's part of a great album though.
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.

Last edited:
I listened to it front to back a couple of weeks ago and whilst it was nice and bluesy, I didn't think there was anything memorable on it and I probably won't be going back to it. Bobby Whitlock's voice just isn't my liking. I prefer Blind Faith as my favourite of Clapton's side projects.
I don't care for Whitlock's voice either. What makes the album for me is the presence of Brother Duane Allman. I personally hold him in higher esteem than Clapton.

Picket Palace’s song about Tippimgwuti was rubbish attempt at gaining notoriety, and they’ve backed this up with songs about Richo and Andy Maher. 🤢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very comparable to The Chats’ release of ‘Smoko’ and other bloke/bogan-themed songs. ‘Smoko’ was an amusing chime but that’s it, you’ve had your 15 minutes now get out of my ears because the gimmick is old.
I mistakenly thought they were a joke as well based of this one song. They’re actually pretty great and carrying on a fine oz garage sound.

I also would've thought that they were a one-off novelty, but Pub Feed was a decent track as well. I wasn't so hot on Identity Theft though. Time will tell I guess.

The original version of Killing Me Softly by Lori Lieberman is the best version and is more heartfelt than Roberta Flack's cover and shits all over Lauryn Hill with The Fugees.

Apparently relates to the song American Pie by Don McLean somehow.

Ronnie James Dio was Black Sabbath’s best frontman

Best vocalist by a country mile, but Ozzy is a legendary frontman.

Unpopular opinion: Yes are my favourite prog rock band, not Pink Floyd. I wouldn't ridicule Pink Floyd's technical abilities, but Yes had some peerless musicians (Squire, Howe, Bruford, Wakeman).

EDIT: I also find Jon Anderson a more engaging vocalist than Roger Waters in particular.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back