Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pep Guardiola is one of the luckiest men in the history of football management and his true ability as a manager is impossible to determine accurately - just about any manager would win trophies with the players he had at Barca and the players he currently has in the walkover that is the Bundesliga. Yet he will in all likelihood go down as one of the most revered and successful managers of all-time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
No, just the prevailing opinion that the right way to run a club is to spend nothing.

I guess Arsenal is the most commonly cited.
After Ozil, I guess that's not completely true.

Speaking of, I think he's very overrated based on this seasons games. Started with a bang but hasn't had the same impact that his price tag suggests he should have

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
that doesn't mean you can't be overrated.

everything that gets talked up obscenely is usually overrated.

Thistle

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
That's certainly unpopular. Watch the goal against Norwich this season. No offence but Cleverly couldn't pull that off.
Yup I rate it goal of the season so far.

Wilshere has 10 goals and 20 assists in 134 games compared to Cleverley's 22 goals in 141 games (not sure about assists). From the matches I've watched Cleverley has had a bigger impact on games. Granted Wilshere is only 22 but I don't ever think he will be an elite player he is expected to be. I could be proven wrong but just an unpopular opinion I have.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I'm not as big on statistics. Wilshere has a much bigger impact on games.

Having said that, it is what this thread is about :thumbsu:

Actually that's another one I have. Statistics can be incredibly overrated and don't always justify a players performance or influence.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Yup I rate it goal of the season so far.

Wilshere has 10 goals and 20 assists in 134 games compared to Cleverley's 22 goals in 141 games (not sure about assists). From the matches I've watched Cleverley has had a bigger impact on games. Granted Wilshere is only 22 but I don't ever think he will be an elite player he is expected to be. I could be proven wrong but just an unpopular opinion I have.
7 goals, 5 assists in 72 premier league appearances for Cleverley. 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 3 seasons (including this one). Did well in div 2 which helps his stats out a fair bit.

Top Bottom