Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was most exciting as a raw prospect at Sporting but it doesn't produce results. He's become smarter and more complete every year. He does things at Madrid he wasn't doing at United.

I agree with this but I just think that he's lost a lot of that excitement along the way as he's transitioned from winger to goal scorer. I'm not saying it hasn't been a successful transition for him though. He's definitely smarter and more productive now, you can see things he's doing that he never used to do, but you can also see areas of his old game that have been neglected as a result of this change up and that is what I'm lamenting.

Now he's the focal point at Madrid, he's brilliant but he doesn't take on players as regularly, he isn't as involved in the build up play, doesn't work as hard for the team and his attitude has become much worse than it ever was in England. I acknowledge that he couldn't do all this and score at the rate he now does, it was just a lot more exciting when he played with more freedom though IMO.

1. the goalkeeper should not be allowed to catch the ball, only punch or parry it away.
2. the offside rule needs to be liberalized (a player should only be called offside if his body is completely cleared from the defending player.
3. the clock should be stopped when play stops, and each half reduced to 30 minutes a piece.

source:

If Higuain scores those 2 goals in finals, Messi is without a doubt known as the best player of all time.

If Higuain scores those 2 goals in finals, Messi is without a doubt known as the best player of all time.

You mean three goals? Three majors in three years, would've been quite the sight.

Alas, Higuain. Despite having an awesome season, is yet again the one that screws Argentina the most. Then again, to be fair, a lot of people had screwed up in the 16 Copa final.

One blessed Argentine team, but nothing to show for it. I stand by my comment in saying that Argentina will win one without Messi, just like they did without Maradona.

They actually played much better with him off the pitch so if anything Cruyff's point is reinforced :)

Pepe & Patricio are the key men for Portugal now.
No they were really bad, didn't have a single chance without him other than the long range shot and free kick. Cr7 on his owns gets that many chances per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So doesn't matter that he is a passer, scorer, higher IQ, fitter and isn't a coke addicted whale? Maradona is better than Messi because he is more powerful?

So doesn't matter that he is a passer, scorer, higher IQ, fitter and isn't a coke addicted whale? Maradona is better than Messi because he is more powerful?
read my original post.
you come across as a kid with the post you just posted, i doubt youve seen much of marad

Saying "You haven't seen him" isn't a rebuttal. Messi is better than Maradona @ everything. This isn't even close anymore. You have an argument in 2011. Not now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back