Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

HulkSmash

Debutant
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
EPL clubs shouldn't be in the League Cup IMHO. If you must have EPL clubs in it, then only have the clubs that aren't competing in Europe.

Also, too many clubs in UCL and EL. I know a lot is to do with TV rights, but really, way too many.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
EPL clubs shouldn't be in the League Cup IMHO. If you must have EPL clubs in it, then only have the clubs that aren't competing in Europe.

Also, too many clubs in UCL and EL. I know a lot is to do with TV rights, but really, way too many.
Er, what?

It is to do with coefficients.

Minidisc MD

Debutant
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Er, what?

It is to do with coefficients.
Like everything UEFA/FIFA it is about money.

If it was coefficients you could strip it to say top two from England, Italy, Spain, Germany as it was for most of the 90s. the other half of the 90s was even stricter, 24 or less teams and one per nation.

I don't totally agree with it but it's pretty obvious it's going to be expanded before shrunk.

It's a shit competition anyway, I'd take one Premier League title over two Champions Leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HulkSmash

Debutant
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
Like everything UEFA/FIFA it is about money.

If it was coefficients you could strip it to say top two from England, Italy, Spain, Germany as it was for most of the 90s. the other half of the 90s was even stricter, 24 or less teams and one per nation.

I don't totally agree with it but it's pretty obvious it's going to be expanded before shrunk.

It's a shit competition anyway, I'd take one Premier League title over two Champions Leagues.
Agreed. Now they're adding a third cup for the lesser nations (essentially). Just wait until the TV networks want more clubs from the bigger nations in.

Top Bottom