Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Not really when you look at guys like Bruno. And I'm not talking about expectations from supporters, but from the club's hierarchy and existing players.
Not every player fails at Madrid though. I do agree to an extent that United's history can burden some players, but not at the same level as in Madrid.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Ole is actually a solid manager

He has one of the worst midfields in the league with a bunch of blokes who are either past it, or not up to it.

Reminds me of Arsenal in Arsenes final years, all the money mainly spent in the final 3rd, not enough in the middle of the park. Boy they need a Carrick, Keane and Scholes in there ASAP
Um so yeah?

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Man Utd's squad is extremely overrated, and Ole was a good gameday manager, but transfer money unwisely and ended up with some headcases at the club which ultimately proved his downfall.
Not all his squad was his though

Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sam Kerr is an vastly overrated, has no class,and without being much of a women's football watcher, is vastly overrated by a desperate Aussie football community, over compensating for our lack of stand out Male Players in the International Community.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sam Kerr is an vastly overrated, has no class,and without being much of a women's football watcher, is vastly overrated by a desperate Aussie football community, over compensating for our lack of stand out Male Players in the International Community.
Erm, how can you judge someone without watching something too much?

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW

You need to mellow out and stop being so angry.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is it unpopular to think we won’t make the World Cup?
I reckon it's more likely Australia will miss out than not. Japan is better for that 2nd spot, and I think Australia if they come 3rd have to face some South American side so they will probs lose that.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
even by your standards this is a shocking take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Not sure how unpopular, but if Pogba played 20 years ago, he'd be absolutely elite IMO.
He's been elite for a fair while imo. He just picks and chooses when to give maximum effort.

Rangnick has been smart with him. Told him to give max effort until the end of the season to put himself in the shop window for a big contract elsewhere.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
He's been elite for a fair while imo. He just picks and chooses when to give maximum effort.

Rangnick has been smart with him. Told him to give max effort until the end of the season to put himself in the shop window for a big contract elsewhere.
I mean consistently, week in, week out, talked about on the level of KDB etc.

I think pre SM etc, he would have torn it up.

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Jordan Henderson is the best leader in world football.

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
I’ve said before that I think he’s a better Liverpool captain than Steven Gerrard was.

I think he’s better (at least from what the fans can know) in every way bar the “dragging the team over the line with their own performance” category.

And_ROOS

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I reckon it's more likely Australia will miss out than not. Japan is better for that 2nd spot, and I think Australia if they come 3rd have to face some South American side so they will probs lose that.
First we gotta get through the UAE in Qatar. And then Peru.

With Arnie at the wheel, potentially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad