Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
thats mostly because their team is better than ours
Are they really better though? No doubt we're shit but I don't think NZ are any better than we are. A 5-0 win over the Solomons is like when we beat Nepal by the same margin. We're probably level-pegging with them tbh. It'd be interesting to see where NZ would finish up if they were in the AFC like us. I think they'd do enough to make the final round but probably sit at an Oman/Iraq level and just fall short of the play-offs.

Last edited:

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Are they really better though? No doubt we're shit but I don't think NZ are any better than we are. A 5-0 win over the Solomons is like when we beat Nepal by the same margin. We're probably level-pegging with them tbh. It'd be interesting to see where NZ would finish up if they were in the AFC like us. I think they'd do enough to make the final round but probably sit at an Oman/Iraq level and just fall short of the play-offs.
chris wood is better than everyone we've got

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I saw some of the recent Aussie games and I'd never heard of any of the players outside of Mat Ryan.

We're awful.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
That's good I guess considering he's a left back.

EDIT - damn it, I should have clicked on to the next page before replying. :D

I reckon Spinazzola just shades Robbo but he's been out since the Euros.

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Not sure whether this is unpopular or not, but I think once City win the league title this season there can be no dispute that Guardiola's Manchester City is the greatest English league side of the PL era (perhaps of all time).

4 out of 5 titles and won a bunch of domestic cups along the way. 100, 98, 95 point seasons - which are 1st, 3rd, =5th best in PL history. Individual players with the quality to rival any other team from any other era. Will add yet more titles in the years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad