Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pep Guardiola is one of the luckiest men in the history of football management and his true ability as a manager is impossible to determine accurately - just about any manager would win trophies with the players he had at Barca and the players he currently has in the walkover that is the Bundesliga. Yet he will in all likelihood go down as one of the most revered and successful managers of all-time.

Here is one for me.

Clubs with money that refuse to spend it improving the squad are not doing things "the right way". They are ripping off their supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Referring to any club in particular?

No, just the prevailing opinion that the right way to run a club is to spend nothing.

I guess Arsenal is the most commonly cited. Spurs another, must be a north london thing.

No, just the prevailing opinion that the right way to run a club is to spend nothing.

I guess Arsenal is the most commonly cited.
After Ozil, I guess that's not completely true.

Speaking of, I think he's very overrated based on this seasons games. Started with a bang but hasn't had the same impact that his price tag suggests he should have

That's certainly unpopular. Watch the goal against Norwich this season. No offence but Cleverly couldn't pull that off.

Yup I rate it goal of the season so far.

Wilshere has 10 goals and 20 assists in 134 games compared to Cleverley's 22 goals in 141 games (not sure about assists). From the matches I've watched Cleverley has had a bigger impact on games. Granted Wilshere is only 22 but I don't ever think he will be an elite player he is expected to be. I could be proven wrong but just an unpopular opinion I have.

Yup I rate it goal of the season so far.

Wilshere has 10 goals and 20 assists in 134 games compared to Cleverley's 22 goals in 141 games (not sure about assists). From the matches I've watched Cleverley has had a bigger impact on games. Granted Wilshere is only 22 but I don't ever think he will be an elite player he is expected to be. I could be proven wrong but just an unpopular opinion I have.

7 goals, 5 assists in 72 premier league appearances for Cleverley. 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 3 seasons (including this one). Did well in div 2 which helps his stats out a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back