Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

They are very different forwards.

Drogba was not a great finisher, and his record shows that.

I'd not complain with either, but Rooney was the more complete footballer.

Fair enough, it’s all subjective territory anyway.

Drogba was a big game beast, his record in finals is ridiculous. Both he and Rooney did as they pleased against Arsenal.

Fair enough, it’s all subjective territory anyway.

Drogba was a big game beast, his record in finals is ridiculous. Both he and Rooney did as they pleased against Arsenal.
Yeah, not many better big games players I can think of than Drogba.

Ramos probably the only one that immediately springs to mind.

Gerrard was always a big game player. Hold a record i think for being the only player to score in the league cup final, FA Cup final, Europa/UEFA cup final and the CL final.

Against that....

giphy.gif

MLS is now a better standard of league than Serie A.
I've watched some of the play-offs this week and I can't say this is the case at all. Finishing and defensive positioning leave very much to be desired, Portland's defensive set-up for Dallas' injury-time equaliser was comically bad.

Against that....

giphy.gif
I knew the first response would be this but i posted it anyways to see if anyone would actually not mention it. But first post. Despite an unfortunately slip which is all it was. It wasnt bad play or a missed chance or Gerrard being s**t, it was a just a slip. Despite that, he's a big game player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew the first response would be this but i posted it anyways to see if anyone would actually not mention it. But first post. Despite an unfortunately slip which is all it was. It wasnt bad play or a missed chance or Gerrard being sh*t, it was a just a slip. Despite that, he's a big game player.

Yeah he was champion of the game no doubt but fk me if that wasn't one of the funniest moments in the history of the league. Much more meaningless now that the crushers have won the league again.

Yeah he was champion of the game no doubt but fk me if that wasn't one of the funniest moments in the history of the league. Much more meaningless now that the crushers have won the league again.
Never found it funny personally but I'm over it because we now have Klopp and we've won the European Cup and we are back to summit of English football as Premier League Champions! All is well!

Are they comfortably ahead though? You don't go starting at Madrid for 10 + seasons being a chump.
Could make the same argument about starting for Liverpool/Barca, Dortmund/Bayern and Man City for a decade tbf.

And yeah Lewandowski is comfortably ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back