Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Respectfully disagree.

15 in 11 this season
48 in 40 last season
55 in 47 the season before.
Yeah Lewa's record is fantastic but it's hard to compare the two leagues as the EPL is a fair bit stronger imo.

I think Salah would put up similar numbers if he was in the Bayern team too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sancho flopping shows how much easier the German league is.
I don't necessarily disagree but I do find it interesting that this never seems to apply to prove the opposite. Edan Hazard or Philippe Coutinho's struggles in La Liga were/are never used as examples to say La Liga was/is stronger than EPL.

I don't necessarily disagree but I do find it interesting that this never seems to apply to prove the opposite. Edan Hazard or Philippe Coutinho's struggles in La Liga were/are never used as examples to say La Liga was/is stronger than EPL.
Same with Eriksen in Italy.

There's more to players hitting the ground running or busting than just the quality of the league. Obviously it comes into play, but the style of play of the teams they play for or against are also huge factors. Also off field factors about players settling into the country/city off field too

There's been plenty of players from all leagues who have gone to Real Madrid and flopped because of the expectations and attitudes of that club. I watched the Anelka doco on Netflix and it was fascinating seeing how he was treated when he made the move.

There's been plenty of players from all leagues who have gone to Real Madrid and flopped because of the expectations and attitudes of that club. I watched the Anelka doco on Netflix and it was fascinating seeing how he was treated when he made the move.
Could the same not be said of Manchester United?

Could the same not be said of Manchester United?

Not really when you look at guys like Bruno. And I'm not talking about expectations from supporters, but from the club's hierarchy and existing players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back