Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Not really when you look at guys like Bruno. And I'm not talking about expectations from supporters, but from the club's hierarchy and existing players.
Not every player fails at Madrid though. I do agree to an extent that United's history can burden some players, but not at the same level as in Madrid.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Ole is actually a solid manager

He has one of the worst midfields in the league with a bunch of blokes who are either past it, or not up to it.

Reminds me of Arsenal in Arsenes final years, all the money mainly spent in the final 3rd, not enough in the middle of the park. Boy they need a Carrick, Keane and Scholes in there ASAP
Um so yeah?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sam Kerr is an vastly overrated, has no class,and without being much of a women's football watcher, is vastly overrated by a desperate Aussie football community, over compensating for our lack of stand out Male Players in the International Community.
Erm, how can you judge someone without watching something too much?

Sam Kerr is an vastly overrated, has no class,and without being much of a women's football watcher, is vastly overrated by a desperate Aussie football community, over compensating for our lack of stand out Male Players in the International Community.

You need to mellow out and stop being so angry.

Is it unpopular to think we won’t make the World Cup?
I reckon it's more likely Australia will miss out than not. Japan is better for that 2nd spot, and I think Australia if they come 3rd have to face some South American side so they will probs lose that.

I reckon it's more likely Australia will miss out than not. Japan is better for that 2nd spot, and I think Australia have to face some South American side so they will probs lose that.
Yeah but it seems to be too obvious to be an unpopular one

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
even by your standards this is a shocking take

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Not sure how unpopular, but if Pogba played 20 years ago, he'd be absolutely elite IMO.
He's been elite for a fair while imo. He just picks and chooses when to give maximum effort.

Rangnick has been smart with him. Told him to give max effort until the end of the season to put himself in the shop window for a big contract elsewhere.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
He's been elite for a fair while imo. He just picks and chooses when to give maximum effort.

Rangnick has been smart with him. Told him to give max effort until the end of the season to put himself in the shop window for a big contract elsewhere.
I mean consistently, week in, week out, talked about on the level of KDB etc.

I think pre SM etc, he would have torn it up.

I mean consistently, week in, week out, talked about on the level of KDB etc.

I think pre SM etc, he would have torn it up.

I often tell Pogba to try harder but he just doesn't listen to me.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I reckon it's more likely Australia will miss out than not. Japan is better for that 2nd spot, and I think Australia if they come 3rd have to face some South American side so they will probs lose that.
First we gotta get through the UAE in Qatar. And then Peru.

With Arnie at the wheel, potentially.

Back