Unpopular Opinions (Wrestling Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't seen her prior to reading about her in this thread but whoever said Flair's daughter is easy on the eyes definitely posted it in the right place.

Yuck!
She's basically Ric Flair with a wig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People rag on John Cena's selling and comebacks, but IMO Dolph Ziggler's hammy selling and 'instant revival' comebacks are far less believeable.

Said this a while ago at SS. Ziggler isn't a good seller because you lose all suspension of disbelief, whereas selling is supposed to make you believe in it more. ziggler acting like he's been shot 2 minutes into the match only to make a major comeback 10 minutes later discredits the whole facade. At least Cena is strong enough to make a believable comeback and still sell see injury. Ziggler makes his opponents look very weak.

Said this a while ago at SS. Ziggler isn't a good seller because you lose all suspension of disbelief, whereas selling is supposed to make you believe in it more. ziggler acting like he's been shot 2 minutes into the match only to make a major comeback 10 minutes later discredits the whole facade. At least Cena is strong enough to make a believable comeback and still sell see injury. Ziggler makes his opponents look very weak.
its funny though, angle has done the same thing for years but people lap it up
i agree it is incredibly frustrating to wtach

Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I'm really starting to dislike "moments" in wrestling. Especially during WrestleMania season and the PPV itself where they mention it all the freaking time. I think it doesn't make certain things bigger than what they are suppose to be because it's mentioned to us all the time and it dilutes the impact in my opinion.

It also annoys me when they focus on "moments" and not the match itself. Why are we suppose to care who won or lost if the commentators don't care and talk about certain moments in the match instead?

WWE seems to do that a lot, have big moments so that they can make cool video packages filled with moments. It's the same with the promos and commentary. They have certain things said in the promos and commentary so that the pre-match video packages can have those little snippets of audio.

The main event of Hell in a Cell was another good example. As soon as I saw it I knew that we'd be seeing Ambrose and Rollins falling off the Cell onto the tables while Cole yells "BOTH MEN THROUGH THE TABLES, BOTH MEN THROUGH THE TABLES" lots and lots. It's disgusting how prepared that spot was, they even had footholds on the side of the cell for them to stand on.

The main event of Hell in a Cell was another good example. As soon as I saw it I knew that we'd be seeing Ambrose and Rollins falling off the Cell onto the tables while Cole yells "BOTH MEN THROUGH THE TABLES, BOTH MEN THROUGH THE TABLES" lots and lots.

"TAP OUT BATISTA!!! TAP OUT BATISTA!! MIRACLE ON BOURBON STREET!!!" It's not memorable, it's annoying.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I think that if you're not paying for WWE's product you shouldn't complain about it

Edit: I should have worded this better. This same opinion applies to every company. If you like their product, buy their shows and support them. If you don't enjoy it then don't buy their stuff, but I don't care if you complain about how they should change so that you will enjoy it again. If you're stealing their shows and then complaining though? That's what I don't like.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I think that if you're not paying for WWE's product you shouldn't complain about it

and That shows that they need to improve there Product though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back