Unpopular Opinions (Wrestling Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

My unpopular opinion is that I actually think that adding Charlotte to the Becky v Rhonda match makes a lot of storyline sense and would make for a better match. That being said, I'm still completely on the fence about whether I want it to actually happen. I quite like Charlotte, but she has definitely been overpushed and it seems like she's butting into every important moment. I also want Asuka to have a worthy opponent on the night, and if Charlotte participates in the Triple Threat then I'm not sure who would take her spot to face Asuka. So it's a tough one, pros and cons for each option imo.

Ultimately I guess I don't really mind which way they end up going with it as long as a) It all makes sense, b) Becky ends up winning, and c) Charlotte isn't just inserted into the match in order to prevent Ronda from taking the fall. Whether Charlotte is in the match or not, I'd rather Ronda be the one to take the fall.

Probably not an unpopular opinion but I'll continue the ramble nonetheless: Regardless of whether they end up going with the singles match or the triple threat, I think they simply have to give Becky the win. Because I simply cannot imagine Ronda being able to handle the absolute nuclear heat that would be coming her way on the RAW after Wrestlemania. We already saw her fumble her words badly during a promo on RAW very recently when she was being booed, and I just don't see her being able to handle a crowd as hot as the one after Wrestlemania.

And if they give Charlotte the win, similar thing: Charlotte is more likely to be able to handle the heat, but it would likely be the Roman Reigns type heat, not the heat the WWE wants. Giving Becky the win really gives the WWE the ultimate feel-good story, and I just think it would be so much more satisfying than any other option.

Just watching survivor series 1997.

Ken Shamrock as a former MMA fighter is way better than Brock and Rousey combined as a wrestler.
Lol. I know I am a Brock fanboy but this is just wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brock bores me. F5, Suplex, suplex F5. It’s all he has been doing for nearly 5 years. Least with Shamrock, he added new moves and his matches had a little more substance. Sooner Brock ****s off the better.
I knew this was going to be the response. You think Brock is the one booking his matches? The guys is easily, and by quite a long way, the best professional wrestler of the 3. Some would even argue he is the best MMA fighter of the 3 too. ;)

I knew this was going to be the response. You think Brock is the one booking his matches? The guys is easily, and by quite a long way, the best professional wrestler of the 3. Some would even argue he is the best MMA fighter of the 3 too. ;)

MMA I will give you. Shamrock was a pioneer in MMA. As expected times elvolve. Brock 2004 was semi entertaining. His match against Chris Benoit was brutal.

Brock may not book his matches. IMO wether he wins or loses is irrelevant. It’s the way the matches are played out that are the issue. It’s just too predictable and boring.

Brock may not book his matches. IMO wether he wins or loses is irrelevant. It’s the way the matches are played out that are the issue. It’s just too predictable and boring.
Sorry, by book I don't mean the win or loss. I meant the actual match. As much as I reckon brock loves the easy job, I dont think he's the one saying "just do suplexs". That's a creative thing. I could be wrong and it is Brock's choice, I don't know, but he's shown that when he wants to, and he has a good opponent to work with, he can put on some really really good matches.

Name one Ken Shamrock match that was as good as either Lesnar V Bryan or Lesnar V Styles at the past two Survivor Series??

Brock Lesnar can work a really good match when he wants to...

Shamrock vs the rock

Which match? They wrestled like a dozen times. If you can let me know the Raw/PPV, I'll go check it out on the network. Love myself a good 'MMA-style' match.

Which match? They wrestled like a dozen times. If you can let me know the Raw/PPV, I'll go check it out on the network. Love myself a good 'MMA-style' match.

If your after an MMA feel. Take a look at Owen Hart vs Shamrock in a lions den match.

There is one that stands out which was for the IC title

So you are going to be vague & name most of Shamrock & Rock's matches??

Is it that hard to actually name a specific match/show??

So you are going to be vague & name most of Shamrock & Rock's matches??

Is it that hard to actually name a specific match/show??

Would be hard for you to have surgery to remove the chip from your shoulder?

Try the king of the ring match. That they had.

Would be hard for you to have surgery to remove the chip from your shoulder?

Try the king of the ring match. That they had.

When's the last time you watched King of the Ring 1998 or SummerSlam 1998?? (the two PPV's that the matches you've recommended are from)

I watched both shows last year (mainly out of interest after Bruce & Conrad spoke about them on STWW) and IMO they are both really mediocre matches. Yes; the crowd was super hot compared to today, but the matches weren't that great.

Give me Brock Lesnar against a smaller guy (Styles, Bryan, Finn, etc.) any day over any Ken Shamrock match I've ever watched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back